Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some tough news to share

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Those who knew him well know he didn’t build all of those amazing deer stands, feeders, cut lanes, and made food plots all for him to hunt over. It was for everybody lucky enough to get in ited to come visit and you just have to know it tickled him whenever someone’s kid got their first deer there. Like Jamie said, he loved sharing the fruits of hos labor with others.

I don’t think I’ll ever meet another person who fishes as hard as Larke does. His cast count was prolly twice mine when we’d get together.

BKb
    I told hank, Len and eric that for having tiny ass hands, he reeled fast as a MF! Finesse wasn’t is his vocabulary.
    He was 2.2 casts to 1 when I fished with him. Usually 1.8 of his casts were in MY cone.....
    While i was busy digging the tip of my rod out of a tree he ran my into...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larke will be missed.
    I have appreciated his actions from many years ago. My 9 yr old son found a bb gun in a ditch. He didn't touch it, but told a police officer.
    Lark wrote him a letter and included a few tokens from his Sheriff campaign. That son is now a deputy and works with Deputydawg.
    Rest easy Larke, and thank you.

What a great story. Glad to see you check in Scott.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    Thump, is the Good Hunting Crowd going to send flowers, and do you need some $$ to make it happen ?
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Kribbs called this morning. I just sat there in a literal daze for an hour or two. From time to time wiping the tears from my eyes as I sifted through good memories of Larke. This one hit me hard as we had stayed in touch well over the years via phone calls and texts. His trip out to Montana with me is still one of my absolute favorite hunts. I’d just talked to him a little over a week ago. I sought out his advice for a concealed carry pistol for my daughter. As always he was generous with his knowledge. I respected it and appreciated it. I will miss him dearly and I hope i am a good enough man to see him on the other side some day.

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    Thump, is the Good Hunting Crowd going to send flowers, and do you need some $$ to make it happen ?
    Yessir, I think that's a given and I seriously doubt anyone here would not support that. I have enough in the kitty to cover a spray (or bouquet) and delivery, but the bank will be pretty dry once the next round of site expenses comes up ... which will be a while as everything was just renewed in June. For the sake of transparency, we have $310.14 available at this point in time, so I (we) can cover this expense with no problem. I just need to wait and see what the family will be able to plan ... when, where, etc. Heck, I don't even know if N.C. is allowing funerals right now due to Covid. Some states do not.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot View Post
    Larke will be missed.
    I have appreciated his actions from many years ago. My 9 yr old son found a bb gun in a ditch. He didn't touch it, but told a police officer.
    Lark wrote him a letter and included a few tokens from his Sheriff campaign. That son is now a deputy and works with Deputydawg.
    Rest easy Larke, and thank you.
    Scott, social media is full of stories like yours. Larke going out of his way, helping good people.

Over the years I’ve heard him say many times “never pass up a chance to help good people”

I think that’s about as good a legacy as any of us could hope to leave.

We could all be a little more like Larke.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    LJ3
    May I use his words of Wisdom:” Never pass up a chance to help good people!”
    I’d like to put it on the Obituary page I’m working on, for him.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    well.... shit... we exchanged some packages and talked to him on the phone a couple times.. but never had the pleasure.. so sorry..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    I'll be damned.

Larke was one in a million and it was a pleasure to have known him. A true southern gentleman in every sense of the word. Had no idea he was even ailing.

Will