When I was in the hospital, he was "Information Central". He talked to Lynn quite often, but she was trying to work, then run back and forth to Tampa every day. He called my mom EVERY DAY for an update and would talk with her. After I was out of the hospital and had recovered, he continued calling my mom at least 2-3 times a week just to check on her. They got to be good friends and even though my mom never met him in person, she always said he was one of the nicest people she's ever known. It got to the point, she'd get worried and upset if a few days passed without hearing from him. He was just that kind of a guy.

Deppity, my hunting buddy in Ohio had a son who was born just a few months before my son was born. I watched the kid grow up. He always wanted to go into law enforcement and any law enforcement courses he could take while in school, he took them. When he got out of school, he was looking for a place to start his career and I hooked him up with Larke, who became sort of a mentor to him. He got hired on as a patrol officer (in Ohio) and actually became the Police Chief later in his career. He and Larke continued to keep in touch through the years and are Facebook friends.