Larke's passing has REALLY affected me and I'm having a hard time shaking it. Lynn is confused as this seems to have hit me much harder than when my own father passed away 10 years ago ... also suddenly and unexpectedly ... and we were VERY close .... extremely close. Maybe it's just my older age now and realizing my own vulnerabilities, I don't really know. I've tried posting on Larke's Facebook page numerous times and I have simply broken down and cried like a baby every time. I delete what I started and promise myself I'll come back to it. I've actually started THIS post twice this morning and haven't been able to finish, so bear with me on this attempt. Just know that Larke was probably the finest OVERALL individual I've ever known in my lifetime and I'll leave it at that. I already miss him terribly.

As our membership ages, it seems our main expenses are not really going toward site upkeep, rather it's being used more for paying respect to lost members. It's becoming more of a memorial fund and I think it's a testimony as to how much we, as a group, have become more of a family than just a rag-tag group of internet axe-murderers. As for the site, I've had requests here on the site, as well as PM's asking how to donate to the G/H slush fund. The generosity from all involved with this place is a bit overwhelming and EVERY TIME we've had a fund drive, the outpouring from our members is astonishing. The fund is down to $67.25 right now, which is the lowest it's ever been, BUT ... all our bills are paid and won't be due for a while. Once things settle down a bit, I will need help figuring out what to do with the place .... well, we want to keep it up and running, I just need to find out WHAT we have to do to continue without some sort of major interruption. Gary Carty turned the domain over to Cappy with the understanding that if Cappy ever decided he no longer wanted it, ownership would return to Gary. When expenses came up, Cappy put them on his credit card and I'd reimburse him. I have no clue what the passwords are for the site as Cappy handled all the business with Go Daddy. I "believe" Len may have the passwords from when he did some work on the site, but I haven't spoken with him about it yet. Co9 used to work on it, but we lost him. Foo did some work at one time, but he's MIA and it's doubtful he still has them. In fact, I don't even know if the passwords they would need to maintain the site, even have anything to do with the registration and/or payment passwords. It's kind of a mess right now, but it'll get worked out ... I think ... I hope. Obviously, I'm just a lowly accountant and not a techie, so I haven't gotten to the point of seriously working on getting the answers. Larke was just laid to rest yesterday, so it's still early. I'm taking a long weekend to just rest and attempt to get through this grieving process the best I can. What sucks is, we're leaving early tomorrow morning to head for Daytona for a few days R&R. Why does that suck? It's been planned for a month or so, but I just realized the last time I was in Daytona was to meet up with Larke and Cheryl and will be driving right past our meeting spot as I roll into town.

My personal info is all over ol' Al Gore's I-net anyway, so I don't mind posting it here. The easiest way to send funds is through PayPal. My email is:

thumper1952@verizon.net

If you're a dinosaur and still use checks, my snail mail is:

Jim Kribbs
5515 North Cove
Lakeland, FL 33809

Note: If you send cash .... I "promise" I'll add it to the kitty. (HA!)

If you need to text, call, or whatever, my cell is:
863-712-7291

If you want to make a direct deposit, my personal checking account number is ....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Ok, you didn't REALLY think I was THAT dumb, did you?

So you know, I do keep a ledger of all contributors and their contributions, but it's kept private. I keep a record of all income/expenses and they are available to anyone who asks. I occasionally post a copy of the ledger here on the site, but it's time consuming and I'm lazy, so I probably don't do it as often as I should, but again, will do it anytime I'm asked.