Thread: Guys (and gal)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    We could also go back to the private Facebook page we had during that interim period between sites.
    Hell we’d probably even actually get NEW people engaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only issues I have with moving to the Facebook group is my agency has a very strict social media policy and they check up on where we post things. Add to that the current cancel climate and how old social media posts are coming back to ruin people’s careers. Sometimes our discussions aren’t the most politically correct.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    The only issues I have with moving to the Facebook group is my agency has a very strict social media policy and they check up on where we post things. Add to that the current cancel climate and how old social media posts are coming back to ruin people’s careers. Sometimes our discussions aren’t the most politically correct.

Very good point.
    If the group is “private” I believe it would make it very difficult for anyone to snoop around. Although I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post

I made the group private. Nobody that's not a member can see any posts made there.

I'm not trying to draw anyone away from this message board in any way. I was just tweaking that old facebook page to make sure it was still alive if needed. This is still salvageable but you need very old skill sets that I don't possess. I haven't had any luck getting in to Larke's godaddy account yet, either.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Administrator
    Looks like there are only about 1,520 people waiting to be accepted as new members in the queue...
    --Foo

Administrator
    Happy to add administrators.. Not sure how though.. Checking.
    Update: Found it! Added Len as administrator. Found the "backdoor" account and password into the actual database server. Progress.
    --Foo

Well hello stranger! Yep, I have admin. powers, but I have no clue if that's all that's needed to do anything super technical ... like I'd even know what I'm doing anyway. Heck, I don't even know what we need to do, or even IF we need to do ANYTHING. I suppose we could always contact Go Daddy, explain the situation (even send them the link for the obit) and possibly they could simply transfer the account to whomever will be handling it. I seriously doubt that part would be a big deal as I would think all they need to know is who to send the bill to.

Again, I also know the domain name needs to be paid for occasionally to keep it registered, but I have no clue how that is done or what is needed to do it. Don't be such a stranger ... it's great to see you dropping in again.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Administrator
    It's not just admin passwords.. Need the server passwords too. I think I am getting closer.. Got into the database anyway.
    --Foo

Administrator
    ..And not to make excuses, but I been wrapped up in school and was working two jobs (TA at school). Hardly left time for anything at all. School's out and I have no job at the moment, so, yay?
    --Foo