I guess GH is toast.

Its been real. Keep in touch.

My digits:
    bkbruton@att.net
    918-894-1801

l8r

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Last edited by Sunshine; 09-21-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands)
    Really??? Just going to loose the years of archives and friendships??? Really??

Lots of ole timers probably lurk and when they show up , won’t know where the site went!!!!
    A1C47557-7F4E-4ADD-8440-0F9FE20523F6.jpg
    Friendship’s!!!

It’ll be here for a year. I assume Archer will let us keep it up that long but we need his okay. He may kick about us using the fb name I dunno.
    I think the best thing to do is just migrate to the fb page and we can keep the site here going as long as it flies on autopilot.
    We honestly don’t have much choice but to find another way to discuss what it is we like to discuss and be able to post pics and such. It doesn’t have to even be fb.
    Nobody seems to be forthcoming with any suggestions so here’s the scenario: we’re hosting a message board on a domain name owned by someone who has nothing to do with the site any more, on a server registered in a dead guy’s name (god bless his short self) using software that nobody in the family knows how to operate.

Any questions?

See ya on FB. I love ya ohe and all. Cheri we’ll figure something out. You’ll always be a GHer.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Sunny. I get that your concerned about your online privacy. I won't try to convince you otherwise but I can tell you some things that I know as a fact based on over 30 years in the IT and Information Security business.

A persons risk footprint (the amount of risk you present to the public internet), where your info could be compromised, you could be stalked (I know this is a concern for you), etc. is not significantly increased by using social media. There are plenty of ways to use those things in a secure way to protect your identity.

I'm not here trying to tell anyone what to do, or not to do. We're all grown ass people who can make adult decisions for ourselves. The site's still good for at least another year as long as something technical doesn't go sideways.

With a 30 second investment in a google search, here are places that the site can be easily hosted with little or not admin overhead. If anyone is the type that will complain that any of them "Aren't like what I'm used to", I invite you to go fornicate yourself

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-free...rds-set-forum/
    https://www.proboards.com/
    https://boardhost.com/
    https://www.quicktopic.com/
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    6529579F-A873-4751-A738-F1721BDA76BF.jpg

It ain’t over till it’s over

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    It’ll be here for a year. I assume Archer will let us keep it up that long but we need his okay. He may kick about us using the fb name I dunno.
    I think the best thing to do is just migrate to the fb page and we can keep the site here going as long as it flies on autopilot.
    We honestly don’t have much choice but to find another way to discuss what it is we like to discuss and be able to post pics and such. It doesn’t have to even be fb.
    Nobody seems to be forthcoming with any suggestions so here’s the scenario: we’re hosting a message board on a domain name owned by someone who has nothing to do with the site any more, on a server registered in a dead guy’s name (god bless his short self) using software that nobody in the family knows how to operate.

Any questions?

See ya on FB. I love ya ohe and all. Cheri we’ll figure something out. You’ll always be a GHer.

BKB
    Carty can't do anything with that domain if he wanted to do something malicious, which I seriously doubt. It's owned part and parcel by Larke, according to godaddy. There's nothing Gary could do to get it back without access to that account and even then it will be difficult. Domain transfers are difficult when every party is available and in agreement. Much less convoluted by these circumstances.

People, the only people who put any value on that domain name is us. Nobody else really cares. Hopefully I can find a way in there and get it in someones name.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

That’s good to know. I think Jim has been reaching out to him. Who knows, maybe he’ll post!

I follow a few history and artifact groups on FB and it really is a good format for what we do here. We can have photo galleries and preserve what we have in our archives here I believe.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

If you can send me a link to one I can see if I can model some of that.

sent
    Viva Renaldo!

I dunno, I’ll have to think about this. I won’t even let my wife or kids post pics of me or quote me on Facebook

Will we be able to post cute cat pictures?

I think we need to cool our jets for now. The renewal was effective on July 2nd. We usually renewed for 3-year runs which would make us good until July 2023! Now that’s with Go-Daddy, I have no clue about the domain itself. Now since Larke was talking about bailing out of the responsibility, it’s possible he only renewed for 1year, I’ll have to wait until I get home to see if I can find out. Now, there’s another angle, Cheryl may have some info. Whenever Larke had a bill to pay, he’d always say he’ll notify Cheryl to write a check or put something on “her” credit card. I think paying bills was like cooking to Cappy. Now it’s also possible he had his passwords, etc. written down somewhere where she’d be able to access them. A file maybe? I think it’s just a little too early for me to contact her right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I think it’s just a little too early for me to contact her right now.
    Agree on this part for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    I dunno, I’ll have to think about this. I won’t even let my wife or kids post pics of me or quote me on Facebook

Will we be able to post cute cat pictures?
    Do you really think Len would be on Facebook if you couldn’t post cat pics on it??

I didn’t know Len sent you those pics!!!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    I don't Facebook anymore. I've tried to delete my account but it won't go away. Not that it matters I'm sure. Hope y'all stay together.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I don’t care who you are, that right there is funny! 😂😂

A good burn!
    Viva Renaldo!