Thread: Mac vs PC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've had a Windows based P/C since they first came out with Win95, so I'm comfortable and familiar with the O/S. I do like having a p/c because I spend most of my time on it in my office and have a monitor as big as a drive-in movie screen. I do a LOT of eBay work and trying to do that on a tablet is just a PIA. I do have a laptop that I travel with, but it's also Windows based.

I've bought 3 tablets and each had the Apple O/S. I'd always end up frustrated trying to go to Apple from Windows and the tablet would just end up sitting in a desk drawer. The first one, I finally gave to Lynn's mom. The second one, I "traded" to Lynn's brother. The third one is right here beside me where it's been for the past 2-1/2 years. I've tried to use it a few times, but again, get frustrated and throw it back on the desk to gather dust. I guess I'm just too old to change and I've been using Windows for so long, it's all I can handle. Odd, but when we go to the west coast, Apple is ALL you see. You'd be hard pressed to find anybody using a Windows based machine out there. I suppose each has it's pros and cons. I've always heard Apple has no issues with virus', but I can't even remember the last time I had a virus ... it's been many, many, MANY years. I run an anti-virus program and have the Geek Squad as backup in case something slips through, but I've never needed them.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

One is no better than the other in my opinion. Different advantages, different drawbacks. If Macs were "all that" like they've been saying for decades, they would have pushed Intel windows machines out of the market, yet Macs still make up less than 5% of corporate machines. Just trading one set of problems for another in the end. Run what you like at home.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.