Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
I'm not denying reality Posty, until we create a vaccine or build up a herd immunity there's going to be outbreaks. And this is far more reaching than just what I want. College towns live and die to a great extent with sports. As do the people who feed and furnish equipment to not just the players but also the students, but I don't have to give you a lesson in economics because you no doubt understand it better than me. I guess what I'm trying to say is I know the difference between piss on my leg and rain. We send a multitude of 18-22 year olds out into the workforce every day with far less protection than the athletes have.

I think it's more about liability than anything else but that's just my jaded opinion. I'm kind of a sauce for the goose sauce for the gander guy. I'm also Irish and we imbibe resentment of privilege in our mothers milk
I like the way you think.

I’ve been watching a course on Civilizations of North America on thatr Great Courses deal on Amazon. Its pretty interesting how disease and climate change (many times) forced big changes in how they even existed. Or not. We seem to want to be able to tackle this historically sized pandemic without changing much of anything. It’ll be interesting to see how far towards the cliff that our obstinance pushes us.

BKB

Sorry for the free association there. By ‘they’ I mean the various folk who’ve left big enough piles of shit laying around to be called a civilization.