Thread: Hey, Hide, your weather trend.....

Hey, Hide, your weather trend.....

What's your weather been like, so far, during this agri. growing season???.....down here, it's been very unusual weather for us.....we haven't had a drop of rain in about 45 days.....even walking on the grass in the yard sounds like rice krispies.....our irrigated crops look pretty good, but non-irrigated are going downhill really fast.
    There's a rather unusually large acreage planted to rice in my area, and it looks really good.....it's replacing the normally large corn acreage, this year.....corn has gotten really expensive to produce, and the market prices are in the dump.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    here in my part of the state we've got about a two inch rain nearly every week this entire summer.....sometimes more. We've had thunderstorms since about four this morning with about 3 more hours before they move out.

Our wearher is like what QA is getting. We went from record rainfall in the spring to a record dry June and then July and August have been monsoons.
    My little crop is doing well!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Couldn't have looked better up until corn started tasseling.. Since the middle of July, the rains have turned spotty at best. Last significant I had was the 27th.. had a half inch.. light ground is starting to show it..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Praise the Lord!!!.....I woke up to a 3/4 inch rain, this morning!!!
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I wish that was all the rain I had gotten yesterday, I got a deluge followed by a toad strangler right before the monsoon. then it got bad. I saw the critters pairing up two by two

My dad always referred to one’a those as a “gully washer”. I prefer “turd floater”.