Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anybody home? How 'bout my 2-cents?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Dangit! Where is my p/c'ness? Sorry, I meant "hot as Hell same gender loving individual".
    You could always get me with them fancy love words

Dangit! Where is my p/c'ness? Sorry, I meant "hot as Hell same gender loving individual".
    lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    No secret I post quite a bit on FB.. but ^^above^^ is what I love about this site.. and the occasional nipple..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Well, I don't know Hidey-Ho. Not really my thing, but whatever floats yer boat!

moobs.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    There's some on here that might say that's exactly your thing, but certainly not me

BTW , we may never see Hidehunter again after that

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    There's some on here that might say that's exactly your thing, but certainly not me

BTW , we may never see Hidehunter again after that
    And "they" can Bite Me!

Last I saw H-Hunter, he was out chasin' a big nipple.

giantboob.jpg

Now see? Ya' ain't allowed to post nipples on Facebook.

Ok, see how this works? This thread has died out and taken a journey way down the page, but by my making this new comment, it will automatically be revived, moved back to the top and again become a "currently" active thread.

Anyway, someone .... not sure if it was Cheryl (Larke's wife) or Hammerhead (David, his son) ... sent me Larke's Go-Daddy username and customer number along with a link to change the password. It was sent from Larke's email, but no note to let me know who sent it. Problem is, the link expired 2-hours after being sent and I didn't catch the eMail before it timed out. I decided to "test" it anyway, but duh .... of course when I did, the response from Go-Daddy went back to Larke's old email ... so that accomplished nothing and even if I had been able to change it, again, it would not have come back to me for verification.

I've also been on the phone with Go-Daddy reps. and am told they cannot get into the account unless I give them the credit card number that the account was being charged to. They also informed me it's set up for automatic payment, which means around next June or July, Larke's card will be charged automatically. The question is, was it a dedicated card (Larke's only - which may be cancelled by now) or was it a card shared by he and Cheryl and still active? If the former, I need to act fast before his card is cancelled, cut up and thrown away ... or ask Cheryl what their credit card number is. HA! Yeah right. I threw that scenario up to the rep. and he said if I could just get the first 6 and last 4 digits of the card, he could enter the account and transfer it into my name with my billing info.

If not? He said it would take a mountain of paperwork (for me) as well as a copy of Larke's death certificate, etc. etc. etc. Generally, something that just ain't gonna happen. I just hate to bother the family right now with something so petty, but I'll get around to it soon. In the meantime, does anyone here have Hammerhead's phone number? Although I have Cheryl's number, I just can't bring myself to bother her at this point in time. She's a wonderful person (as was Larke) and I know she'd understand, but I'm just not there in my own head yet. I get emotional every time I think about Larke's passing, so I can imagine where her head is. Hammerhead is now the "man of the house", so I could give him a shout and probably work through this, even though he's busy himself since he and his wife have a brand new baby now who JUST missed meeting his grandfather.

No worries Jim. Just call Reputation Defender!
    bKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    No worries Jim. Just call Reputation Defender!
    bKB
    I ain't payin' their exorbitant charges and there ain't enough cash in the Good Hunting kitty to embezzle. I'm just screwed I guess.

Ok, see how this works? This thread has died out and taken a journey way down the page, but by my making this new comment, it will automatically be revived, moved back to the top and again become a "currently" active thread.
    (
    Look! A reason the past is better! Change is bad, the old way is the best way!

Ok, I'm just giving you some shit but you're looking for reasons to keep things the same instead of adjusting to what's in front of you.

Look at the traffic in here? So much time passes between posts. Sometimes nothing is updated at all. Facebook groups keep it all going, right in front of you. If someone commented on something, it bubbles up to the top. If you want to search for something, there's a little box called "search this group". Easy peasy.

"Don't look back, you're not going that way." - George Washington.
    "My teeth hurt." - Also George Washington
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Psychobabble

Forgive me, Dilligaf.............
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I dunno Ticboy. I just checked our FB page and the last post was 10 days ago. This place has been slow, but active through today. You love FB, I hate it, others love it, others hate it. I don’t know the answer, but what some of us call nostalgic and comfortable, you call a dinosaur pit. Problem is, many of us ARE dinosaurs these days. I suppose it would be easiest to just pull the plug and let the chips fall where they may, but imho, it would be a cryin’ shame to just say screw everybody, you’re on your own from here on out. It reminds me of the days when we had this site and Mauserman’s site running at the same time. When his fizzled out, we all still had a home to go to.

Facebook ain't the future of things. It'll fold like a wet rag in a few years. Anyone that praises Facebook as a technological marvel is worse than a dinosaur. It's written poorly, full of ads, and is basically good for the "stream of consciousness" folks. There's no history, nothing easy to find. It's a linear progression of a group conversation, nothing more. And poorly presented. It's for folks who like to say "I'm going to the dentist today" or "Here's a pic of my dog".

And it's patrolled by liberal Fascists, that demand you adhere to their standards or they'll arbitrarily cut you off. And by the way, you have to be "Len Jenkins" on Facebook. You can't be "LJ3". Real names only. So now you're at work and you have to decide if you want to 'play'.

I reluctantly got on it when a camping website blew up and they built a FB site temporarily. I regretted it and tried to delete my account, but I think it's still there. Anytime I click on some FB URL someone posts as a link, it takes me instantly to my sign on page, and if I click "submit", my account is back active. It's like a vampire, it won't go away. Probably my ignorance on how to delete, but I'm done with it. Y'all do what you want. But I won't be FB'ing. I'm for sure that my vote won't swing anything, but I just hate that whole scene.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Len's just mad that this site doesn't have the "Like" feature for his cat pictures

I don't need that cordless phone. The kitchen phone cord is long enough. See? I can walk all the way in to the dining room, then back thru the kitchen and to the family room. Mr.s Tolley said she got the 50 foot cord and can even go to the bathroom while she talks on the phone. See? And those new cordless phones are heavy, and the electronic waves from them have been said to cause brain cancer, we don't even know what they can do. And people can eavesdrop on your phone calls too! You voice just goes right thru the air, anyone can intercept them and know what you're talking about. Just the other day, Miss Thelma said she heard a radio station playing through her cordless phone. No, thank you. I'll keep my cordless phone. It does everything I need my phone to do.

ndphone.jpg
    f41afa7b08f9670e0b766cca71bafb8e--color-yellow-mellow-yellow.jpg
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Len's just mad that this site doesn't have the "Like" feature for his cat pictures

I'm all about the laughing face! How do we know someone think what we posted is funny? I need to validation on a daily basis to shore up my weak moral character for Pete's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I'm all about the laughing face! How do we know someone think what we posted is funny? I need to validation on a daily basis to shore up my weak moral character for Pete's sake!
    Post reported!
    Viva Renaldo!

Okay, my two cents. My wife has a Facebook account and I use it to look for pics of the grand kids and every now and then see if certain old school mates are still live. She only got it so we could live stream church while we were shut down. Every day she worries me with how do I do this or what does this mean? It's nice that she still thinks I can do anything but I don't care to fool with the technical stuff because it's slow and clunky and unwieldy at best and I simply don't have any interest in learning it. Did I mention that it's slow?

Maybe it's because I don't have any interest in it but I really don't see where Facebook has a single advantage over a message board or even text messaging. I know that I'm old school but just because something is newer doesn't make it improved or better. If the decision is made to go to Facebook, well, I don't have enough years or brain cells left to spend them waiting for a page to load because I just got a notification only to find Kribbs gave a thumbs up by one of my posts.

I love new technology when it's an improvement over the old but I'm like the blind man here, I just can't see it. At least not for me

Len, I certainly don't want to destroy your fragile ego, I know how sensitive you are soooooooo..................here ya go

To be clear:

1 - I don’t love Facebook. It’s just what’s current
    2 - Message boards are just fine
    3 - I will give people a hard tome on any platform
    4 - Using current technology and trends isn’t always the best option but it’s current. I enjoy current. Who here hasn’t watched YouTube videos? All the shit Bucky complains about is present on YouTube.
    5 - different isn’t always bad, unless you want it to be.
    6 - We attract that which we seek. Always.

Len, I certainly don't want to destroy your fragile ego, I know how sensitive you are soooooooo..................here ya go

Omg!!! That made my day!

It doesn’t change the reality of anything, but here’s my two cents.

Goodhunting isn’t a platform. Its a group of people who share common interests and often see those common interests from really different perspectives. That doesn’t mean we don’t have to find a long term solution to this software and the web host where it lives. IMO if we look at a platform and everyone isn’t able or doesn’t want to use it (they don’t need a reason IMO), then that platform isn’t a long term answer. I guess what I’m saying is everybody has a veto vote.

Next!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    It doesn’t change the reality of anything, but here’s my two cents.

Goodhunting isn’t a platform. Its a group of people who share common interests and often see those common interests from really different perspectives. That doesn’t mean we don’t have to find a long term solution to this software and the web host where it lives. IMO if we look at a platform and everyone isn’t able or doesn’t want to use it (they don’t need a reason IMO), then that platform isn’t a long term answer. I guess what I’m saying is everybody has a veto vote.

Next!

BKB
    Are you running for office? That doesn't even MEAN anything!

Or am I just dumb?

Nevermind, I'll see myself out.

Wait, should I make some vague reference to leaving or why I left before?

You know, facebook is full of vague shit like that. It's a veritable gold mine of it.

ill-see-your-vaguebooking-and-raise-you-a-passive-aggressive-meme.jpg

Bite me! It was an opinion not a policy Dick.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    To be clear:

1 - I don’t love Facebook. It’s just what’s current
    2 - Message boards are just fine
    3 - I will give people a hard tome on any platform
    4 - Using current technology and trends isn’t always the best option but it’s current. I enjoy current. Who here hasn’t watched YouTube videos? All the shit Bucky complains about is present on YouTube.
    5 - different isn’t always bad, unless you want it to be.
    6 - We attract that which we seek. Always.

Duh. And WHO owns Youtube?

And how did anything you listed contradict anything I said? You are the Master Obfuscator, trying to get your way. You're like my Mama. She is like a 4 year old. She just holds her breath hoping you'll have pity and give in to her. If not, she will yell. And why single ME out? Why not QA?

Len quote:

I'll keep my cordless phone. It does everything I need my phone to do.
    Ummmm ...... don't look now, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    Duh. And WHO owns Youtube?

And how did anything you listed contradict anything I said? You are the Master Obfuscator, trying to get your way. You're like my Mama. She is like a 4 year old. She just holds her breath hoping you'll have pity and give in to her. If not, she will yell. And why single ME out? Why not QA?
    I single everyone out, Bucky Buck.

Remember when we used to give each other a hard time because we were all friends and that’s part of what we do?

‘Member? You ‘member!

Personally, I don’t care what anyone does in regard to the site and where it all lands. I’ll participate in whatever platform emerges and be as I always am. Love me or not, your choice

Love you? Been lovin you since Bailey was a tot. What's that got to do with disagreeing with you? Nuddin.

I don't care what anyone does either. Well I do but not enough to fight over it or anything. I just disagree with your assessment of Facebook, in general. Your reasoning is specious and capricious.

I love you Tic! ❤️💕