Thread: Is this what the USA is becoming?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

Is this what the USA is becoming?

Apparently human decency and compassion no longer exist.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...t-in-the-head/

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...l/#more-125296

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Ddog, I hate to be pessimistic, but I just do not believe it's gonna get any better for you LEO's, until some really tough action is taken, and some of those scumbag leaders get locked away for a very long time.....I hope I'm wrong, and they just quit, and come to their senses.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    I watched the video of that incredible officer tending to her partner while she had been shot twice in the face. My heart bleeds. No words.

How humans treat humans can be disgusting. Its like all the sudden many people have become sociopaths with no human empathy at all.

I send all the good vibes I have to you and the other leos I know for you to come home safe every night DD.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    This is what President Johnson's Great Society became...

It was about as fucked up a thing as I've seen this year. Probably some dumbass that was determined to be expendable bu his gang. I hope those LEOs pull thru OK. No way I'd stay an urban cop these days. Just not worth it. If we get a regime change, it will only get worse.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

I saw that on the news last night as Lynn was cooking dinner. I was cussing like a sailor and screaming obscenities at the TV like a madman! Lynn came running into the den thinking I'd lost my mind. I swear, I may be old and pretty much disabled, but I believe I could have squeezed the heads off those worthless bastards with the amount of adrenaline that was pumping through my veins at the time. In fact, I can feel my blood pressure spiking as I type this. I'd give anything to be locked in a room with those worthless pieces of shit and given just 10-minutes with them ... with NO interruptions.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Looks mostly peaceful to me....

Did you become a Democrat overnight?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar

Is this what the USA is becoming?

It’s not just the behavior towards the police but the general attitude that appears to becoming more common. How many of you saw the video the the guy walking down the street and getting knocked over the head with a brick by some guy running up behind him. You can hear people cheering and laughing after it happens.

Seriously, what kind of person does that to another person for no reason. Hell, I could understand it better if they robbed the guy after knocking him out.

You can disagree on politics and social programs all day but there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. People like that are nothing but predatory animals and need to be caged. They are the reason cops refer to themselves as sheepdogs protecting the sheep from the wolves.

People better learn to appreciate the sheepdogs before there aren’t any left that care enough to protect the flock.

Last edited by DeputyDog; 09-15-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I hear you, and you’re absolutely right. Folks want to point to cartoonish violence in movies and video games, or our departure from (enter your favorite here) religion, some blame it on politicians, and some say its our embrace what they consider immoral practices of sexuality.
    When you sit and think on it, if mankind is so weak that the whole shebang fails because of any or all of those reasons then we were pretty well screwed from the start.

Maybe at some point we’ll find out what parts of the moral code are most neccessary to bind us together, our ‘load bearing walls’. Many claim to know it now but they don’t as is evidenced by our own human history. But they’ll proclaim loudly they do, all the while pointing out that everyone else is screwed up in the head.

Personally I think we’ll find our answer in nature, as in nature will take care of the problem for us. Its already happening for anyone who wants to look. We have fouled the nest. And we’ve created a society where one can survive and even be accepted without any moral code whatsoever.
    Sociopaths I think they’re called. We will find some day that even the basic tenet of treating others as we would like to be treated isn’t just so we can have nice things, its the basis for the survival of the whole motherfucking species. And it not just that one moral fiber, its the whole set. All we need to do is look at our own history to see that every time mankind wrote down a coda of values, it foreshadowed great civilizations rising.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it. I’m going fishing.

Y’all work this out and let me know. You’re on my mind a lot these days DD. I don’t pray but I do send you the best
    i got.
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Apparently human decency and compassion no longer exist.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...t-in-the-head/

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...l/#more-125296

Compassion? Human Decency? LOL!!! Yeah, right.

Laws exist so that we do NOT have to rely solely on Compassion and Human Decency to ensure that we are all treated well and equally. It is not human compassion that is missing, that has always been missing in a lot of folks, and it always will be. What is missing is our historical reliance on a fair set of laws that are executed swiftly and fairly against those like this who have no compassion or decency.

This will all change. Not sure when. Used to think in the far future. Now, maybe by this time next year. But it cannot continue. If it does, we won't.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Helter Skelter. Charlie would be proud.