This is my favorite time of year! The evenings and mornings are cool, a few trees have leaves that are starting to turn, and I can hardly wait to start spending more time in the good Lord's outdoors pursuing critters.

I have only been out bowhunting once and though I never drew my bow, I did see a few whitetail including a dandy buck that I plan on seeking out during the muzzleloader season.

Tomorrow we are heading to southwestern North Dakota to reintroduce ourselves to some ranchers who were kind enough to let us onto their land to hunt pronghorn. Though I didn't draw a tag, my wife and a friend's wife did so we are going to scope out the critters to see if we can find a couple that the ladies think are worth bringing back home with us in a couple of weeks when the season opens and I can hardly wait. In addition to our optics, we will be bringing shotguns, as the sharptailed grouse and hungarian partridge season is open, but will also bring along the bow in case I see a whitetail or muley buck that wants to visit the central part of the state. ;-)

Let the games begin!