Thread: CFB picks for Sept 26

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

CFB picks for Sept 26

Gonna be a strong SEC flavor this week seasoned with some Big 12 and ACC. Posthole can tune in to those powerhouse SEC defenses

1) Gtech @ Syr. This game will tell us more about Fla st than anything else since they lost to Tech in week 1. Syracuse looked terrible last week but I think the orange will keep it close, 24-21 Tech.

2) Tulsa @ Ark st. Either Tulsa is pretty good or Okie lite is pretty bad. This should be a good game, Drillers er I mean Hurricanes 28-20

3) Fla St @ Miami. Norvell is Kiffin lite. Miami is avg. Canes 30-21

4) Tenn @ SCar. It'd be nice if these two teams could beat each other. Closer than expected, Vols 27-23

5) Tex @ Ttech. SWC throwback .......Horns 38-21

6) Miss St @ LSU. The pirate is fighting above his weight class, LSU 30-17. BTW Eddie, I hope LSU coldcocks ya'lls whiny little bitch running back

7) Fla @ Ole Miss. I really don't like either of these teams. I hope the genus confused dudes from Oxfart trample them. They won't, Gators 44-20

8) Ken @ Aub. This is my upset special. I've seen Hanging Chad Morris play calling in action.......Mildcats over the Whore Eagles 24-21

9) NC St @ Vtech. Hanks dream matchup, kind of a mother /daughter ménage à trois only with pads. I can see this going either way but I'm gonna say Tech 31-27

10) WV @ Okie St. tempted to call upset here.... I think I will. Couch Burners 28-20

11) Kst@ Okla. Better grease the hubs on the Sooner Schooner. 48-16 Oklahoma

12) Louisville @ Pitt. Cards ain't all that but neither is Pitt. Panthers 31-30

13) Georgia @ Arkansas. The Hogs are much improved since last season. Georgia would have beaten us 121-0 last year. This year they only win 89-0.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    UCF is the best football team in the state of Florida AGAIN this year. Let that sink in SEC and ACC fans.

I’ve been looking forward to going to the NC State/VA Tech game with my son for a while. Now, we’ll both be watching it on TV 250 miles apart. Not sure what to expect. State’s offense looked explosive against Wake. But, their D didn’t slow them down at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I think every time I picked Tech in the last three years they lose. That bodes well for the Wolfpack

What do you think will happen at Texas when they win 9 games again and aren’t competitive for the conference again? Think they’ll have much more patience for Tom Herman?

I wonder if Tech might give the Longhorns a tussle?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I think one thing is that the Texas high school development of players and strength and conditioning programs have improved so much that there are 4* and 5* players everywhere and every college in the country is poaching high level talent from Texas. There's only a couple of coaches that can consistently field a powerhouse every year such as Dabo, and Saban. Then you have good coaches with so much talent they can't screw it up (Okla, Buckeyes, Notre Dame and LSU) Then there's Texas. They're not even the best recruiting team in Texas.

Tom Herman, Scott Frost, Lane Kiffin, Mike Norvell, Harbaugh and maybe Justin Fuentes are all plug and play coaches. Adequate but not likely to excel long term

The money folks in Texas might as well stick with Herman, the only way they're going to succeed is for a coach to establish some recruiting bases.

I think Arkansas will put an improved team on the field this year but the schedule is pretty brutal for an emerging team. And Arkansas is recruiting heavily in Texas again which is a good sign for them.

I haven’t heard what they have on o-line or D but they seem to be assembling some tools.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

The Off and Def lines will be much improved but lacking depth. Add that to the most difficult schedule in the country (according to Phil Steele) and no non conference cupcakes we could go 0fer and still be a better team. We've got a kid (Treylon Burkes) a soph slot receiver who might end up being a top 5 pick in a couple of years. 6'3" 235 with speed and catches everything. He's a once in a generation player. Also a freshman DE converted to TE that weighs 300+ and is a freak athlete.

just gotta be patient an give coach Pittman time

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Arkansas is recruiting heavily in Texas again which is a good sign for them.

BKB
    They're also encroaching on your territory. 9 of the top 30 and 4 of the top 10 Oklahoma seniors have committed to Arkansas. Pittman and Barry Odom are both Oklahoma boys

That Burkes kid isfrom Warren isn’t he. I have a cousin who lives down in Warren and he told me about him when he was in HS. If this Florida QB is any good there is a chance for some good games.

Bkb
    Viva Renaldo!

And QA I’ve been saying for years this region is where the Hogs need to be re ruiting the heaviest. They ain’t gonna compete with those big SEC schools down south for kidswho can play.
    I look for Mizzou to make a break from the SEC in coming years. I wish Arkansas would do the same and combine with some other regional teams for a new power conference w/o all those Texas wannabe teams in it.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

The only reason Arkansas is still In the SEC is the enormous television revenue. There are rumblings about the Power 5 conferences being sick of the NCAA nitpicking and are thinking about breaking away and starting a new one.

I personally would love to see that

Notre Dame - Wake just cancelled because of 7 positives on the Domer side. I know Baylor has cancelled two in a row.

I’m jazzed to see Spencer Rattler in action again this weekend. Man this kid could really be something.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Each conference has a minimum of players you need to field a team to play but you also can "opt out" and reschedule if you choose. In other words if your starting QB is in quarantine you can re schedule, but if it's a third team safety than you can play. That's wrong. If you meet the minimum available players set by your conference you should HAVE to play or forfeit. 85 scholarship players minus seven quarantined = 78 available players. If you can't field 22 starters out of nearly 80 players you need to take up ribbon dancing or needle point

CFB picks for Sept 26

Earlier this week Fuentes said he “hoped” Tech would be able to play this weekend d.

Last edited by Chicken Dinner; 09-22-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Didnt Fuentes test positive?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Not that I’ve heard or read.

OU- KState is up in the air. Sounds like KState has an outbreak. Still not officially off but looking iffy.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Good luck, Eddie! My Sooners imploded at home. Embarassing effort. They’ll get it right eventually.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Bulldogs keeping it sporty early as is Arkansas.

The Dawgs need a receiver named Abbot.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

In case you didn’t watch, the new Arkansas genius offensive coordinator Has two plays, running into the teeth of the defense and a pass to the running back three yds behind the line.

Neither worked.

"""""6) Miss St @ LSU. The pirate is fighting above his weight class, LSU 30-17. BTW Eddie, I hope LSU coldcocks ya'lls whiny little bitch running back"""""

Sorry, QA, you didn't get your wish.....Hill played his little whiny-azz heart out, today.....either, we looked, vaguely, like a football team, or LSU really sucked.....our new QB had one helluva game, however, and broke some records.....623 yds. passing---5 TDs---60% completions.....yeah, yeah I know, LSU sucked.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Gotta love anyone that beats LSU. We aren't going to win a game this year, but this year is not normal. Matters not. This is just a 'basis' for the future, and I am highly optimistic about our future. It is stunning really, just how bad our last two coaches were. Whoever hired them should be launched into space without a suit. But we have a guy who knows his stuff and loves to be here, and will probably never leave. And he can recruit..........cause the reason we lost was the Big Dawgs up front that Georgia had, and he recruited them.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.