Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Understanding Sunshine ....

Understanding Sunshine ....

It appears Sunny got pissed off at us again and has evidently exited the scene. Bucky did the same a while back and there may have been others that we're not aware of, who knows? Granted, Bucky was a HUGE target for abuse and was always such an easy target, it was sometimes next to impossible to resist a dig here and there so maybe it got out of hand at some point. At least in HIS opinion it did, so he went on a hiatus. He was one of the originals here ..... a cornerstone of sorts, but he got soft over the years and turned into a snowflake. JUST KIDDING Buckster!

But I digress, this particular thread is about Sunny. She's thrown in the towel before and just like Bucky, we miss her when she's gone, but to hang with this group of misfits, you just have to be able to shake it off sometimes. I don't think there's one person in this group who is actually cruel and would willingly try to hurt someone's feelings or intentionally try to make them feel unwelcomed here. What it all boils down to is we are friends ... well, more than friends ... we're family really. I'll get into sparring matches with my brother (for example), but once the dust settles, we're still brothers and will do anything for each other if there's a need. It's just how life works, or is SUPPOSED to work.

As for Sunny, I know her better than ANYONE here and I'll let her argue that point if she thinks I'm wrong. I was the first person to "chat" with her when she first popped into the site late one night back in the Mauserman/Carty, post All Outdoors era when we had two sites running. She dropped in while TW and I were chatting and has been here ever since. Of course, we gave her hell from the minute she dropped in because we thought she may have been Mulewriter at first, but her style was not even close, so we welcomed her into the craziness while T-Dub and I tried to out flirt each other. Over the years, Sunny and I have spent time together and if you add up the hours and days, we've literally spent probably a month or more together on a personal basis (by that, I mean, NOT on the net, but face to face). I met her 1st husband years ago, as well as the kids when they were ... well, just kids! (now grown with kids of their own) I met and spent time with her dad years ago and as far as I know, that's probably the last time SHE has even seen her dad.

Enough of the establishing groundwork and on to Sunny. Sunny is a tough lady ... "F" with her and she'll shoot you! (Yes, she carries.) But, underneath lies one of the kindest, most giving people you'd want to know. She would literally give you the shirt off her back if she thought you needed it. She's charitable and donates to any cause she believes in. Heck, when this site has fund drives, she has ALWAYS, consistently been the largest donor, by far. She was extremely upset with me for not accepting a donation for Cappy's flower arrangement. I turned it down because we had the bill covered. Granted, our funds are low because I have no idea if we'll be retaining the site, so I didn't want a large reserve of cash because if this place folds, I'm not sure of the fairest way to return the leftover funds in the account. Don't get me wrong, EVERYONE here always jumps in with donations when they're needed, it's just that Sunny has always been the most generous and never expected any sort of recognition. She's an animal lover (another subject we sometimes use to give her a bit of ribbing) and will literally spend her last dime if it will help keep an animal healthy or comfortable. She's no hunter, but she'll sure snatch a mess of fish out of the water by their lips! If you're sick and she's close by, she'll be the first to step up and help nurse you back to health, physically or spiritually. If you're hungry, she'll feed you. If you're hurting in ANY way, she will be right there for you. It's just the way she is. There is not a selfish bone in her body.

Her main flaw is she cannot take criticism, so you sometimes have to walk on eggshells around her .... and that is NOT an easy task around a place like this. Even when we tip-toe ... or at least think we are, she sometimes thinks we're stomping. To make matters worse, she IS a blonde, so she presents us with plenty of fodder ... much like Bucky ... and with this group (me included), many times the temptation is just too much to bear. Some can take it, some can't, but the person on the receiving end in this joint MUST understand that none of the barbs are meant to be malicious or hurtful, it's just who we are. Once one realizes we are all friends here and there are no enemies, nobody should have a reason to pick up their toys and go home. BUT, if you're thin skinned, never, NEVER, EVER discuss politics or religion if you're expecting full agreement from everyone around you.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Some find it hard to spearate their online personas from their real ones. IOW, we tell people they are stupid or retarded or dumb or fat or lazy or any number of other cuts online. Some of us do that in person too. Most have the good manners not to. 30 years of online experiences have pretty much taught me that many people have no manners or qualms when they are in their online personality. People that would never buy a Hustler magazine in ‘real life’ will post stuff online that makes you think they are 13. ITs is manifested in many different ways. Most all of us are more callous online than we’d ever be in person. That’s just a fact. Many people expect people to be more genuine than they are online. Those are the ones that get hurt and runnoft mostly. Happens to all or most of us at some time or another.
    And some people are just buttholes. But we usually don’t call people out for it in real life either. We just avoid them

Buttholes.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I'm a softie at heart. Takes a while to get there, though None of us should have rules around our participation here.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Understanding Sunshine ....

Posthead, Are you calling Hank a butthole, or are you calling me a butthole? I can’t be Len, for sure. And Eric isn’t here to take up for himself so I know you wouldn’t do that....

Kribbs, if she can’t can’t take the heat then so be it. I’ve yet to see anything here that is truly malicious. There are plenty of people “picked on” more than her. Especially when this place was lively. Hell, if I was that soft, I’d have never met (in real life) some of the best guys and best friends I’ve ever known. People that have done, and will do, very good things for me. I spent years getting slammed on this very site and some of those same people are people I talk to daily now. I don’t see how a user of a forum like this can have certain qualifiers in order to stay engaged. Like Barry said, It’s the frickin internet. I’ll honk your bobo if you think I’m wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

butthole(s) p
    Viva Renaldo!

But just more comment on internet rules of engagement: We (and I am guilty guilty guilty) seem to have a bad habit of telling people how frigging wrong they are. About literally everything. That bullet won’t work, that’s iinhumane. If you get blown away by a tornado, hurricane, earthquake, wildfire, invasion of body snatchers then its because you’re too damn stupid to live where I do here in Nivana. The list goes on. Especially in politics. We’ve equated them to ethics and have become modern day saducces and pharisees.
    I am not going to ever be bashful about saying what I think, but I’ve made it a point the past few years, since Bucky left to be perfectly honest about it, to avoid telling people they are wrong aboout what they think. Life has been better that way online for me.

BKB

FYI Saducces and PHarisees = Biblical Karens
    Viva Renaldo!

Artemis, I in no way intended to suggest changing the way this place works or how we interact with each other. My post was actually meant (in a round-about way maybe) to explain to Sunny that there is zero animosity toward her and she needs to realize that. It shouldn’t boil down to a “if you can’t stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen” type deal, but more of a notice to her that she needs to lighten up and realize it’s nothing personal, she’s actually appreciated here and no matter what, is considered “family”. People just need to quit being so sensitive to the point they’re tripping over their lower lip as they shuffle off.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    But just more comment on internet rules of engagement: We (and I am guilty guilty guilty) seem to have a bad habit of telling people how frigging wrong they are. About literally everything. That bullet won’t work, that’s iinhumane. If you get blown away by a tornado, hurricane, earthquake, wildfire, invasion of body snatchers then its because you’re too damn stupid to live where I do here in Nivana. The list goes on. Especially in politics. We’ve equated them to ethics and have become modern day saducces and pharisees.
    I am not going to ever be bashful about saying what I think, but I’ve made it a point the past few years, since Bucky left to be perfectly honest about it, to avoid telling people they are wrong aboout what they think. Life has been better that way online for me.

BKB

FYI Saducces and PHarisees = Biblical Karens
    Do you know why they called the Sadducees the Sadducees?
    Well... because they. Were sad, you see?

Also, sorry I quoted you. Don’t get triggered !

TBH, I’m not even sure what the trigger was. Was it the quoting? Or the “eye rolls”?

I imagine it was a bit of both. And for the record, Cheri I love ya darlin’, and I mean that in a perfectly platonic non-harrassing, big brotherliest way it can be said. Darlin.

Jim’s right, it shouldn’t be that if you can’t stand the heat deal, but that part of it does get amped up some.

And to be honest people are wound up tighter than a three day clock, or to put quote Private Hudson in Aliens, “Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!”

So Cheri git yourself back up in here.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    I’ll honk your bobo if you think I’m wrong!
    You're deadass wrong! Honk someone elses bobo, not mine!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Is getting your bobo honked a euphemism for you know, getting your bobo honked?

Its usually Thumper who leads us down the path to iniquity.

But down the path we go!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Thump is the Sensei, I'm just a humble pupil

Sensei? I like it. I can see it!

Neanderthal.jpg SENSEI.jpg

I miss Calvin and Hobbes, and Funky winkerbean, and Pogo and Lil Abner and The Far Side and just good comics in general.
    Viva Renaldo!

I miss Calvin and Hobbes, and Funky winkerbean, and Pogo and Lil Abner and The Far Side and just good comics in general.
    Loved those great one's ... but Funky Winkerbean??? That's a new one for me. I'm assuming it's a more modern one that came out after I stopped reading newspapers.

Started in 1972. Still going.

For those that still get the paper.

Sometimes I wish I did. It was a satisfying daily habit.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

So was smoking ... just sayin'.

Walt Kelly was a visionist

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    For those that still get the paper.

Sometimes I wish I did. It was a satisfying daily habit.

BKB
    agree...the walk to the paper box while coffee was brewing, simple little routine to start the day...

unless it was pouring down rain and the paper man didn't put it in the little plastic bag...soggy newspaper day.

Sunday paper always had the weekly TV Guide and if it was ever missing....Grrrr...go buy another paper at the store and double-check it was in there.
    Last edited by airbud7; 09-23-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Personally, I think Trump gets a little carried away with his "fake news" claims and runs it into the ground, like he does so many other things (like the Obama birther crap). I believe nowadays, most of the fake news is actually just biased news. You can take most any political story and put your own spin on it, or exaggerate it, or subdue it. BUT ... I will admit, I was an avid reader of the newspaper when I was younger. It was like an addiction ... I HAD to read the newspaper every day. BUT, that all changed while I was in the military. Being in the intel field, I KNEW what the "real" news was, but what was reported in the newspapers was for the most part, bullshit! When I got out of the military, I never purchased another newspaper until I started my business, and that was just so I could check my ad everyday, as well as look at my competitor's ads. Then the internet exploded and I feel newspapers are going the way of the dodo bird. That said, I knew to never even attempt to talk to my mom until she'd read the paper and had a couple cups of coffee in the morning .. and that continued until her death just a couple of years ago. I really see no need for physical newspapers anymore.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Personally, I really see no need for physical newspapers anymore.
    me thinks you're becoming a tree hugger, last week it was no paper check writing, now it's no physical newspaper, next thing you'll want is electronic Billboards all over town, electronic wanted/missing person posters....

what's next Thumper?...electronic toilet paper?...let me guess, you have a bidet to spray your ass clean!.....

Bodit.jpg

Last edited by airbud7; 09-23-2020 at 08:22 AM.

I was going to ask if you had a stool available, but it looks like you posted a "sample" above. Good try, but it's not tall enough.

Never considered myself a tree-hugger, but most of the deer leases down here are on paper company property. I couldn't tell you how many buddy's I've had who had leases, spent a few years cleaning, building stands and feeding critters, then showed up for hunting season to find nothing but stumps, or a lumber crew in the midst of clearing every stick standing. So maybe saving a few trees would give the critters more places to hang out. Is that a bad thing?

Naaa, actually, I'm just trying my best to stay no more than 10 or so years behind The Lenster on technology. I wouldn't want to be classified as a dinosaur for still using useless paper products. Heck, I barely use paper money these days as it all goes on plastic.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    From Sunny, to comic strips, to fake news. Glad to see everyone can stay on topic just like always. Btw, nobody ran me off, I'm still adjusting to a new work environment and it kicks my butt most days. I just don't have much time to post or even check in half the time.

Most likely, ‘cause you’re too busy fishing! 😉

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Thump, that's after work. Who surfs the net while not at work? Well unless they are retired.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    Thump, that's after work. Who surfs the net while not at work? Well unless they are retired.
    Quote of the day Troy.

Will