It appears Sunny got pissed off at us again and has evidently exited the scene. Bucky did the same a while back and there may have been others that we're not aware of, who knows? Granted, Bucky was a HUGE target for abuse and was always such an easy target, it was sometimes next to impossible to resist a dig here and there so maybe it got out of hand at some point. At least in HIS opinion it did, so he went on a hiatus. He was one of the originals here ..... a cornerstone of sorts, but he got soft over the years and turned into a snowflake. JUST KIDDING Buckster!

But I digress, this particular thread is about Sunny. She's thrown in the towel before and just like Bucky, we miss her when she's gone, but to hang with this group of misfits, you just have to be able to shake it off sometimes. I don't think there's one person in this group who is actually cruel and would willingly try to hurt someone's feelings or intentionally try to make them feel unwelcomed here. What it all boils down to is we are friends ... well, more than friends ... we're family really. I'll get into sparring matches with my brother (for example), but once the dust settles, we're still brothers and will do anything for each other if there's a need. It's just how life works, or is SUPPOSED to work.

As for Sunny, I know her better than ANYONE here and I'll let her argue that point if she thinks I'm wrong. I was the first person to "chat" with her when she first popped into the site late one night back in the Mauserman/Carty, post All Outdoors era when we had two sites running. She dropped in while TW and I were chatting and has been here ever since. Of course, we gave her hell from the minute she dropped in because we thought she may have been Mulewriter at first, but her style was not even close, so we welcomed her into the craziness while T-Dub and I tried to out flirt each other. Over the years, Sunny and I have spent time together and if you add up the hours and days, we've literally spent probably a month or more together on a personal basis (by that, I mean, NOT on the net, but face to face). I met her 1st husband years ago, as well as the kids when they were ... well, just kids! (now grown with kids of their own) I met and spent time with her dad years ago and as far as I know, that's probably the last time SHE has even seen her dad.

Enough of the establishing groundwork and on to Sunny. Sunny is a tough lady ... "F" with her and she'll shoot you! (Yes, she carries.) But, underneath lies one of the kindest, most giving people you'd want to know. She would literally give you the shirt off her back if she thought you needed it. She's charitable and donates to any cause she believes in. Heck, when this site has fund drives, she has ALWAYS, consistently been the largest donor, by far. She was extremely upset with me for not accepting a donation for Cappy's flower arrangement. I turned it down because we had the bill covered. Granted, our funds are low because I have no idea if we'll be retaining the site, so I didn't want a large reserve of cash because if this place folds, I'm not sure of the fairest way to return the leftover funds in the account. Don't get me wrong, EVERYONE here always jumps in with donations when they're needed, it's just that Sunny has always been the most generous and never expected any sort of recognition. She's an animal lover (another subject we sometimes use to give her a bit of ribbing) and will literally spend her last dime if it will help keep an animal healthy or comfortable. She's no hunter, but she'll sure snatch a mess of fish out of the water by their lips! If you're sick and she's close by, she'll be the first to step up and help nurse you back to health, physically or spiritually. If you're hungry, she'll feed you. If you're hurting in ANY way, she will be right there for you. It's just the way she is. There is not a selfish bone in her body.

Her main flaw is she cannot take criticism, so you sometimes have to walk on eggshells around her .... and that is NOT an easy task around a place like this. Even when we tip-toe ... or at least think we are, she sometimes thinks we're stomping. To make matters worse, she IS a blonde, so she presents us with plenty of fodder ... much like Bucky ... and with this group (me included), many times the temptation is just too much to bear. Some can take it, some can't, but the person on the receiving end in this joint MUST understand that none of the barbs are meant to be malicious or hurtful, it's just who we are. Once one realizes we are all friends here and there are no enemies, nobody should have a reason to pick up their toys and go home. BUT, if you're thin skinned, never, NEVER, EVER discuss politics or religion if you're expecting full agreement from everyone around you.