Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Understanding Sunshine ....

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Sorry to see Sunny go, as I am with the others who have left through the years, but everyone has their limits. Hopefully all have a change of heart and eventually show up again.

As someone infamous once said, "Can't we all just get along?" ;-)

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    yeah, that...
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Well, you're off base on why I left. One person here knows why, I told him not long ago so someone would know. Turns out, no one cares. LOLOLOL Just kidding. But after thinking long and hard, I decided it would be best if I didn't say on here what I knew about certain situations. And I still believe that's true. I was asked to at least check in and I did that, and do that. But if it's being a snowflake to not 'stay and fight', why isn't it also being a snowflake to get upset when folks try to tell you that you're wrong? Same thing, right? I simply tried to do the right thing. That often doesn't work, I guess.

These days I do try to avoid giving an opinion to some folks. But that coin has two sides, also. Everything that every human thinks is not right just cause they thunk it. But I have learned to TRY (I'm human) and not tell folks what they should think............but I don't always avoid saying outloud what I think. There is a difference.

If y'all wanna vote me out, I'll turn in my secret decoder ring and certificate. I got too many fish to fry to care much anymore. Truth is, as much as it might hurt some, that this place is simply too small to be a lot of fun anymore. I see posts lately by a lot of folks that rarely post. I don't think I'm alone there. It's mostly a 3 or 4 way conversation, but in public.

By the way, one of the neatest things about this place is the exhaustive list of Emoticons you can use in your posts. Other places I go don't have all that. That's just cool. Five years ago, I didn't know what an Emoticon OR a Meme was, and now All Truth is provided via one of those methods!!!
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Buckrub, now you got everyone wondering if they are that "certain situation"... I for one was glad to see you come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    Buckrub, now you got everyone wondering if they are that "certain situation"... I for one was glad to see you come back.
    I didn't mean to do that. Honest. Just tryin' to explain without upsetting anyone. Never had any issue with you that I can remember........'cept I never got to hunt with you. Don't need to trout fish with you. I can beat you at that here at home with one hand tied behind your back.

That, and I never got but one nice painting out of you. Course, that was $20, and I had to save a while to afford that one...... but it's dang sure on my wall, framed.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    And Judas, who was betraying Him, said, "Surely it is not I, Rabbi?" Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself."

LOL!!
    You caught me Vince. It's you.

I am not saying it right, apparently. So, never mind about it. No reason to bring it up. Not what I meant.

Cheri is a good person, though. Seemed troubled, but she suffers from what has always ailed me.........overreaction. Maybe when I get that 2nd eye fixed next week in my 2nd cataract surgery, I can see things better!!!

How you getting your eyes fixed? I got the long range lens, all I wear is readers. Not sure if it’s better than wearing bifocals or not, except I can wear my cool shades now

Long range, but I gotta admit, I'm a bit frustrated. I expected sorta "instant" better vision in that eye. Had right one done Sep 8. It's not. Blurry still. BETTER, but not good. Still can't read the digital clock readout across the room in middle of night, with that eye. But the old glasses make that eye a bit blurry too, so maybe it's better. I go for followup on the first surgery Monday morning early. I'll ask about all this then.

My cousin had his done and he can now see the iron sights on his old .30-30 again. BUT, he said it took a solid month after both surgeries before it was good. So I will wait and see. (pun there).

It ain't like I can redo it. Whatever it is, is whatever it is. But SOME folks had instant perfect vision. I don't. Still..........color is better. The right eye, the world is a bright white. The left one, the world still has a yellow tinge.

Hopeful for next week that it's way better.

Had both my eyeballs done, last month.....cataracts are gone, and got the astigmatism corrective lens(extra cost, but worth it)......I can see two gnats screwing at 200 yards, which one is on top/bottom, size of his pecker, and the smile on his face.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Muddy View Post
    Had both my eyeballs done, last month.....cataracts are gone, and got the astigmatism corrective lens(extra cost, but worth it)......I can see two gnats screwing at 200 yards, which one is on top/bottom, size of his pecker, and the smile on his face.
    See? That's what I expected, at least out of this first eye. But no. This is what others all told me.

Ed, how long did it take after both surgeries were done, that you could see those gnats??? Instantly? Weeks??? A month???

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Have gotten to the point a couple of years ago that I need cheaters to see what is on my dinner plate, so instead of wearing contacts as I have for 30+ years I have mostly switched to wearing glasses with progressive lenses. When I hunt I still use my contacts but last night I took a break from working on getting my shop done and tried looking through my wife's rifle scope with those glasses...that is a NO go for certain.

These little "treats" that come with getting old suck.

Bucky, it took me over a month. I need 1.25x readers to shoot open sights but no problem with a scope

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    Bucky, it took me over a month. I need 1.25x readers to shoot open sights but no problem with a scope
    That has been mostly my experience, as well.
    Southern Gentleman