Thread: It pays to have friends in high places!

It pays to have friends in high places!

I haven't posted any estate sale related stuff in a while, so figured I'd try boring you ... errr, I mean ENLIGHTENING you with some more of this stuff.

Lynn and I will be out of town every weekend through the end of the year, so my weekend estate sale runs are on hold for a while. BUT ... I was perusing the listings for this weekend and at one sale, I spotted a couple of objects piled under a bunch of junk in an attic. I knew immediately they were a couple of old, paper mache jack-o-lanterns. Just in case any of youse uneducated dufebutts have some old Halloween crap piled in your attic or barn, the crap brings big bucks. I bought a couple of these things a year or so ago and made over $500 bucks with them. I can't remember what I paid, but it was just a few bucks at a local thrift store. DAMN! Me and my big mouth. Now EVERYONE is gonna know!

Heck, even the more "modern" plastic Halloween crap brings decent money. Anyway, since I'm very close friends with the gal who has one of the estate sale companies, I gave her a call last night to let her know I'd be out of town, but was interested in a few items she has. She asked what they were and she'd snag them for me. Then she asked if I would be home today and if so, why don't I just meet her over there as she'll be there prepping for the sale (which starts tomorrow). BINGO! Gonna hook up with her at 11:00 today! I saw 3-4 other items I need to grab, but the jack-o-lanterns are my main goal. I should be able to snag them for a buck or two.

Here's a sample of what to look for as I'm sure youse bozos are clueless.

This one sold for $388.00

jack1.jpg

This one for $304.00

jack2.jpg

This one for $243.00

jack3.jpg

Well, you get the idea. They don't have to be pumpkins. This one sold for $245.00

cat1.jpg

And even the little decorations bring good money. These are around 4"-5" tall, just little table decorations. These sold for $295.00

decorations1.jpg

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Now go dig out your old Halloween crap, dust it off and send it to me!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    People have lost their ever-loving minds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    That is plain old crazy...wish I had some to sell.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    That's not possible, is it? I mean..........really???? In this world? This same planet, here?

Oh, come on.........
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    Well PT Barnum said there’s a sucker born every minute and I would say Thumpers eBay sales confirm that hypothesis.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

I saw an American Pickers show not too long ago and the boys were salivating over a box of this kind of stuff in an old barn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    I saw an American Pickers show not too long ago and the boys were salivating over a box of this kind of stuff in an old barn.

I think Frank is Thumpers illegitimate son!......

can y'all see the resemblance?....imagine a bucket of KFC in his hand and a chicken leg in his mouth!.....
    Last edited by airbud7; 09-25-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    People have lost their ever-loving minds!
    Indeed. I bought a new fuel pump for my truck last week and it cost less than the first one!

There is a mental illness that highjacks people's brains with online purchases. I've seen it with shotguns, pocket knives, you name it.... and now plastic pumpkins. God help us all lol.

Will