Thread: Can you spell "hypocrisy" boys & girls?

Can you spell "hypocrisy" boys & girls?

I hate politicians!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    Democrats are constantly taking a shit and falling backwards in it! ...they still got shit in their hair from the filibuster they started!....now they say they're going to pack the Supreme Court with liberal justices if they take over the Senate!

Well guess what's gonna really happen!...the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate and pack the Supreme Court with conservative justices and they will cry and stomp their feet like little children and say ...you can't do that!...only we can do that!

Great video to start the day Thump!....keep um coming!...I love watching those idiots eat their words.

TBH, I started the post with, "I hate politicians!" (but maybe I should have said "politics")

If the shoe were on the other foot, I'm sure the hypocrisy would be coming from the other side of the aisle.

But now is now ... or as they say these days, "it is what it is".

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Hypocrisy has run through Washington DC like venereal disease through a Turkish harem. I haven't heard one single politician who has been consistent in their views on this. Not one.

"Give 'em all some place to go..." - Tom Petty

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Both sides are guilty of this. Truth is, it's in the power of the Presidency to do this if he wants. It's in the power of the Senate to confirm or not.

This is just one more "thing" that has no compromise. In fact, IMHO, it's total proof that we are now fully divided and compromise is no longer possible. It's a matter of "my side" wins or loses on every subject. Both blame the other.

My problem is Government. I hate it. It spawns hypocrisy, lies, corruption, but actually the worst is inefficiency. The few things that Federal Government SHOULD be doing, they screw up...........and do it worse than any private entity ever could.........roads, prisons, schools. They started as Citizen-Legislature and morphed to a greedy, overpaid, idiotic establishment that exists solely to piss folks off.

Remember........Compromise is the fine art of making both sides unhappy.

I care......I care a LOT.....but I don't dwell on it all the time. When the crappie and the deer tell me that they are interested in all this, and that they have picked a side, then I'll really care enough to do something other than yak.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I'll have to admit, our government tends to piss me off on a daily basis, but (and that's a BIG but) ... I consider myself pretty well world travelled and still consider ours the best country in the world ... by far. There is no country on earth that does not have to deal with politics of one form or another whether totalitarian, a monarchy, authoritarian or a democracy, etc. I have actually lived under a few different forms, so I feel I can speak with a little bit of authority on the subject. There is no country on earth, politics included, as great as the good ol' USA.

But just like a (good) marriage, it may have it's ups and downs, but it's worth it in the long run to work with it, compromise if necessary and keep looking forward. We seem to be having a hard time with the compromise part lately, but it's nothing new and will still work out eventually.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    By it's very nature politics is both self serving and hypocritical. When your ruling body is made up of petty, greedy, egocentric people then about the best you can hope for is that the next goober in chief doesn't kill us all with stupidity. I have zero confidence in politics at any level. I pray for my kids and my grandkids who will inherit this hot mess

We need a killer epidemic that only takes those with the stoopid gene

The GOP are also saying the exact opposite of what they did in 16.

The bottom line is the president has the constitutional duty to appoint, senate to vote.

No president on either side would wait until after the election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Trump could nominate Hillary and the Democrats would vote against her because they hate Trump that badly. As bad as the republicans fought Obama, this is much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    We need a killer epidemic that only takes those with the stoopid gene
    Ha ha ha! Thanks Q/A, you just reminded me of a fond (funny) memory of my dad. While growing up, I'd make dumb decisions at times and he'd give me "that look" and say, "What were you thinking, Ed?"

I'd ask, "Ed"???

He'd say, "Yeah, Stoop Ed"!