Thread: A sad reminder ....

A sad reminder ....

Today is Cappy's birthday.

Larke, I'm sure you've already located the best fishing holes and your stands are overlooking the busiest game trails ever. RIP buddy, we miss you.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Happy birthday lil brother! I sure do miss your ornery self.
    BKB

461D389E-177F-4F7F-BCA5-32E7C4E795BB.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    He is sorely missed by many...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Larke once sent me a vid clip of himself using his famous “red wasp” turkey call.....I watch it, occasionally, just out of respect for him.....today, being his birthday, is an ideal time to view it, once again.
    Rest well, my Masonic brother.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0HMZ...AJvAvbpaA#Ruby
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 10-22-2020 at 09:44 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    I think about that southern boy quite often. Sure wish I could have gotten to spend more time hanging around with him.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    yep.. "memory" popped up on FB from me wishing him a Happy Birthday 10 years ago.. He answered, "Thank you - I plan to get out your way before too many more birthdays." never made it work..
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

I miss that little fucker quite a bit.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Yep, when I first posted this this morning, I could feel my chest tightening up and "that feeling" coming over me. It took quiet a while for that to clear up after his funeral. I miss him more than I ever thought I would. He used to call regularly just to chat and I really, really miss that.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    somewhere in South Carolina there's a buck slipping thru the woods with his eyes squinched shut and his butthole puckered expecting the Captain the run a piece of red hot lead thru his gizzard at any moment

My routine, other than text, was usually a missed call with a voicemail that almost always called me a “slackass”. My return call minutes or at most a couple hours later was ALWAYS answered by old apey who would say, “what are you doing, ya’ SLACKASS??”

Since bow season started, I’ve missed that ole boy more and more. I have a 2 hour’ish drive up and back to my club, which rarely, if ever, didn’t include a call to Larke. Usually each way.

My last call to him was the day before he left us. He called me the morning of 7/30. I was on my way to the club for a work party. Didn’t have service, and i saw his missed call on my way home. I called him back around 2:30-3pm. He wasn’t feeling good. He wasn’t “Larke”. We texted later that night about how he was feeling. He was waiting on a covid test so he could see his “good friend the lung doctor”.

The next morning he texted Barry LJ CD Egghead and me on a group text at 6:19am. That group text was a daily staple for all of us.
    Literally a group chat that rivaled teenage girls. If you weren’t on your phone, you’d miss 98 texts in a couple hours.

Fast forward to 10:18am... we find out he’s gone.

I still ain’t over it.

Barry gets away with a lot more nowadays in that group text than he used to.

He’s still watching you Barry!!! Straighten up and don’t forget the plug!

Larke, I miss ya buddy. I hope you and my dad aren’t fighting over the cricket can, should be plenty to go around up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    My routine, other than text, was usually a missed call with a voicemail that almost always called me a “slackass”. My return call minutes or at most a couple hours later was ALWAYS answered by old apey who would say, “what are you doing, ya’ SLACKASS??”

Since bow season started, I’ve missed that ole boy more and more. I have a 2 hour’ish drive up and back to my club, which rarely, if ever, didn’t include a call to Larke. Usually each way.

My last call to him was the day before he left us. He called me the morning of 7/30. I was on my way to the club for a work party. Didn’t have service, and i saw his missed call on my way home. I called him back around 2:30-3pm. He wasn’t feeling good. He wasn’t “Larke”. We texted later that night about how he was feeling. He was waiting on a covid test so he could see his “good friend the lung doctor”.

The next morning he texted Barry LJ CD Egghead and me on a group text at 6:19am. That group text was a daily staple for all of us.
    Literally a group chat that rivaled teenage girls. If you weren’t on your phone, you’d miss 98 texts in a couple hours.

Fast forward to 10:18am... we find out he’s gone.

I still ain’t over it.

Barry gets away with a lot more nowadays in that group text than he used to.

He’s still watching you Barry!!! Straighten up and don’t forget the plug!

Larke, I miss ya buddy. I hope you and my dad aren’t fighting over the cricket can, should be plenty to go around up there.

You’re still a slackass, Slackass!

Worst text I've ever received. And I've gotten some pretty shitty texts before.

IMG_3439.jpg
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Worst text I've ever received. And I've gotten some pretty shitty texts before.

IMG_3439.jpg
    That was sure enough a tough one. His time here was too short. But, he sure crammed a lot of living into it and touched a lot people.

Damn, I’m gonna need a minute now...

My heart fell when that popped up. I was already planning on how to rile him up when I got it.

They threw away the mold when they made that one.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yeah, he was a bit moldy, but he was still a heck of a guy, regardless. I miss the dufe more than I've ever missed anybody before. That may sound odd, but it's true. He had a way of getting into your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Yeah, he was a bit moldy, but he was still a heck of a guy, regardless. I miss the dufe more than I've ever missed anybody before. That may sound odd, but it's true. He had a way of getting into your heart.
    He did indeed.
    He reminds me of what a southern redneck hunting and fishing Jesus would be like in today’s world.
    (Minus the blatant lies about how many fish he caught).
    He loved people and and made them feel loved.

So, Someone like that will leave a big dent when they back out of your life.

And you’d think that Posthole would now have the decency to finally admit that Cappy’s bass was bigger than his.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    And you’d think that Posthole would now have the decency to finally admit that Cappy’s bass was bigger than his.
    It’s the least he could do.