Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello FOX News .... duh

Hello FOX News .... duh

Admittedly, I watch FOX News more than the competing news networks, but I do flip through the channels occasionally to see what the other clowns are saying. I don't think anyone will argue the fact that FOX's base viewership is mostly red while 99% of the alternatives have a majority blue viewership. Heck, even FOX constantly mentions the "Liberal press" which includes the "other guys" of the televised news options.

BUT ... as I watched this morning, FOX is bragging that they were AGAIN rated the most watched network during the Presidential debates. My question is, would anyone expect anything different? Here are the numbers for the top networks:

Fox News was top of the pile once again, with 15.4 million total viewers. ABC came second with 11.2 million, followed by NBC with 10.6 million. CNN topped cable news rival MSNBC by 7.5 million viewers to 6.9 million. Meanwhile CBS finished in last place for the second debate running, drawing 5.7 million.
    Ok, what FOX was saying this morning was that if you look at the viewership numbers, it's obvious the election is leaning toward the right. WTF??? The way I look at it, there were 15.4M right-leaning viewers and the (as FOX calls them) left-leaning networks drew 41.9M viewers. Granted, there's a margin of "error" built in as not ALL networks can be said to have 100% red or blue viewers, but don't waffle to fit your agenda. You can't say Trump is America's favorite because FOX had the highest debate ratings. We're not ALL idiots.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

A lot of my conservative friends tell me “You are just pushing the CNN narrative” any time I say anything negative about conservative politics. These numbers tell me many more conservatives watch and get their daily marching orders from Fox than liberals do from CNN.

(full disclosure - I read the FoxNews website every day)

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Well, this is interesting. It's a year old, but I doubt there's a lot of variance along the way. When you have a bazillion left-leaning options and (essentially) one right-leaning news outlet, who would you expect to have the highest number of viewers? I don't see it as bragging rights.

news bias.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    You left out a key detail Thump....you have to buy Fox News Channel.

ABC, CBS, and NBC are all free....they should naturally have a lot more viewers....So yea, Fox News is really kicking ass.

Ummm, like who doesn't have cable these days other than rural watchers? And aren't they "generally" considered Republicans? That would ADD viewership to the standard broadcast networks. I think your reasoning is a bit off.

I have cable internet however I stream everything cable TV related...(currently subscribed to sling blue for fox news)...one remote click and I get 50+ channels over the air...ie: abc,cbs,nbc,fox, etc

I am a cord cutter...
    Last edited by airbud7; 10-24-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Trump rally gives Fox News largest Saturday night audience in its history....
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-...nce-in-history

I don't watch or read much news it annoys me. An article really has to peek my interest.

Hello all- cootie free here in Athens GA-

Howdy HunterEd! When did you move? Weren’t you up in the NE?

Good to hear you’re doing well!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Athens Georgia?? When did that happen? Or are you just vacationing?

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    Trump rally gives Fox News largest Saturday night audience in its history....
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-...nce-in-history
    A/B, I "mostly" watch FOX News ... I've said that repeatedly, but their viewer numbers really don't mean squat to me. There is realistically only one MAJOR right leaning news organization ... so naturally, their right-leaning viewer numbers will be high (what competition do they have?). Take the LEFT-leaning major networks and combine their viewer numbers, then what do you have? Like statistics, you can find them to support or dispute most any subject you choose, it all depends on how you present them.

In high school, I took my home built (daily driver) street racer to the drag strip just so I could get a 1/4-mile time slip. NHRA had a hard time classifying the car due to it's mid-engine. They finally classified me as "A-Experimental Gas Dragster". I took home a trophy and won first in my class. Well duh, it sounds good, but I was the ONLY car in that class. I had zero competition. So what are my bragging rights? It all depends on how you want to look at it. I did turn an 11:65 ET with a carbureted small block on pump gas, street tires and closed exhaust (with 1960's technology). Those were MY bragging rights.

FOX doesn't do anything any better than their competitors, they're just on opposite sides of the fence and have no one-on-one competition. Do they REALLY have bragging rights? It would be like Kim Jong-un bragging about how popular he is after "winning" an "election" for Supreme Leader of N. Korea.

You don’t consider OANN to be a viable conservative leaning media? I have not watched it, but many of my conservative friends swear by it.

The questions they ask at press conferences are hanging curves typically, but that’s really all I ever see of them.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I have no clue what OANN is. I watch very little tv and just have basic cable, if that means anything. I'm talking about major news networks here.

Is OANN like the televised version of the National Enquirer? Heck does the National Enquirer even exist anymore? Lynn does all the shopping and I couldn't tell you the last time I set foot in a grocery store, so I have no clue what rags are lined up next to the check-out isle these days. It's prolly the same deal with these obscure "news" stations.

Ha ha ha! Yeah, I Googled it and read the Wiki description. It sounds like something right up my alley! I should really watch it because I KNOW fake news is only fake if it comes from the left-leaning media.

OAN:

Its prime time political talk shows have a conservative perspective, and the channel has described itself as one of the "greatest supporters" of President Donald Trump. Trump himself has promoted the network. The channel is prominent for promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Please don't use Wikipedia.

Well, this is Al Gore’s Internet. Pick the source I need to use for reference and let me know. No wait! Then we’ll be right back where we started. Should we use a left-leaning reference? Or a right-leaning reference? Dang! Whatever happened to Encyclopedia Britannica?

Everyoneis against the poor conservatives. They’re persecuted like christians.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

at least the sky is not falling over here in conservative land....

Right. No covid in your world! go get ya some! No problem.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

As I tell my friends, Trump is a bumbling idiot, but he's MY idiot. As usual, I'll be voting for the lesser of two evils and voting for the Biden/Harris team sounds as ridiculous to me as the Hillary/Kaine team. HOPEFULLY, before I die, I'll actually be able to vote for a Presidential candidate I am extremely happy with. But, since I reached voting age (I've voted in EVERY election since), it's only happened once in my lifetime, that was with Reagan.

P.S. Don't tell me to vote 3rd party ... you already KNOW how ridiculous that sounds to me. I may as well stay home and make eBay listings, at least I'd be accomplishing something.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    My political quandary of the day is this: do I want left leaning sausage or far right wing ham to go with my biscuits , eggs and coffee this morning? Third party bacon is moving in the polls so there's that option also.

I may just waste my vote and take the third party, it won't accomplish anything but I'd feel good about it

I've heard a "left leaning sausage" is an indication you're right-handed, although I have no personal data to back that up.

I thought it depended on which way you ‘dress’.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Fox News, Tucker Carlson finish historic October with largest primetime audience in cable news history!

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” finished with the highest-rated monthly viewership of any program in the history of cable news.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-ne...e-news-history

There is a lot of talk in GOP circles that Tucker Carlson is their boy in 2024. It would certainly fit the recent GOP profile!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Tucker Carlson is the only thing I ever see on Fox News. As for the online Foxnews.com, I sort of have quit that too. I can turn off Autoplay on their videos but it comes back on the next story I click on. A smaller version of the video follows you as you scroll down the page to read it. Annoying to the max.

I also have AdBlockers going, so every new click brings up a box asking me to remove it. I have to kill that box over and over. MORE annoying to the max.

Most annoying is the slide to the Left that they have, on one hand, and on the other you have Pompous Blathering by Hannity or Ingraham.

I only watch OANN and Newsmax now. And they are only on after I go to bed and watch about 20 minutes of TV before going to sleep. At least Fox covers important stories, usually. The Democratic Party Controlled CNN, etc., I do not even have on my 'favorites' on the remote. I don't fly anymore, so I never have to watch their idiocy.

Will be in Colorado Springs for Thanksgiving week. That will be one hard week.........where my grandson committed suicide. Not sure I can even make it through the week. But on top of that, CNN will be their tv news station. So I will have to spend most of my time at the kitchen table, away from TV, and surfing the net.

As to the Hunter Biden story, nothing will come of it. Nothing ever does come of it.......for the Democrats. It's knee slapping hilarious that the current President was impeached for things that Biden actually did, but Trump didn't.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

I can’t really say I disagree with anything he says.

It's always amusing to me how liberals get so butthurt when they see the majority of the country wants conservatively biased news even though the liberals control 90% of it all
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.