Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Election Day!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    If the lawyer$ really cared about what happened to the kid$ they wouldn't be taking 50% off the top plu$ expen$e$. It's all about money. If they were pur$uing the $coutmaster$ a$ criminal$ I could $upport them. Cla$$ action law$uit$ are never about ju$tice, ju$t the dollar$. Tort lawyers are for the most part some of the lowest life forms on earth

I was involved in averycool little Explorer Scout group when I was 14-17 and we never had any of that shot ever happen. I prolly should say not that we knew of. Our local priest, FatherIvan, was our Scoutmaster and he went fishing in Canada every year and had nuns over from Fort Smith to have wine tastings. In the 70’s.
    My grandson is involved for three years now and there isn’t any of that shit happening.

Not saying it doesn’t happen. But not in ,y experience.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

"""Not saying it doesn’t happen. But not in my experience."""

Shave that ugly-azz beard, and ya might be more desireable.
    Southern Gentleman

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    You know, he might have be seduced by a republican nun which would explain the left leaning agnostic slant

I went through Cub Scouts, Webelos, Boy Scouts and Explorers. I never saw or heard of any of it. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen (somewhere), but it sure wasn’t an issue in any of my scouting experiences.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    My nephew just went through his Court of Honor for becoming an Eagle Scout. Far as I know he never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by quercus alba View Post
    If the lawyer$ really cared about what happened to the kid$ they wouldn't be taking 50% off the top plu$ expen$e$. It's all about money. If they were pur$uing the $coutmaster$ a$ criminal$ I could $upport them. Cla$$ action law$uit$ are never about ju$tice, ju$t the dollar$. Tort lawyers are for the most part some of the lowest life forms on earth
    I don't disagree with any of what you said but if zero scoutmasters molested zero scouts, we wouldn't see these commercials, regardless of lawyers intent.

Lawyers caring about people.... that's a good'un right there!
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Your message here seems to imply that the actions of a very few should be construed to describe everyone else in a group.

I need a guide for when that applies and when it doesn’t.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    I can name two instances for you. Cops and Catholic Priests.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    I can name two instances for you. Cops and Catholic Priests.

Yep, agreed.
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Yep, agreed.
    Ditto ...

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Your message here seems to imply that the actions of a very few should be construed to describe everyone else in a group.

I need a guide for when that applies and when it doesn’t.

BKB
    If you're referring to my comment, I don't see where I implied that. I think I'm on pretty solid round with saying if Scout Masters didn't molest kids, there would be no lawsuits. Nowhere have I said being a molester is requisite of being a scout master, nor that all Scout Masters are deviants.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.