Thread: And the election craziness continues!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Only obliquely Posty. I saw it mentioned but only in the context of the whole election. The issue was for Milwaukee county and when I saw the numbers I was pretty skeptical. And why not? There's some really crazy stuff being spouted off that you just can't take at face value.

So I did what any good scientist would do and went to the source data and had a look.

Wisconsin has a really good public database where you can check things out all the way to the precinct level if you wish to. I did and the numbers were there. So I checked to see what previous elections showed and it was wildly different. It wasn't the bump in participation, I expected that with a lot of mail in ballots. It was the amount of presidential votes versus down ballot votes. Went from maybe 8 to 10% loss to almost half of all democratic votes.

I know what the obvious answer is. What I think we need is the not so obvious answer but still rational answer that may well explain this.

Might be something and it might not be. But this is the kind of thing that causes suspicion and at least I think the election board should take a hard look at it because it is unprecedented as far as I can see and is just the kind of thing that, left to its own, can damage trust.

Will
    Last edited by Penguin; 11-09-2020 at 11:38 AM.