Thread: And the election craziness continues!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Yep, and still going.

I finally got a chance to catch up on the news of the election, and the reaction to it which is probably more important, and this is one for the books. Taibbi, Tonelson and a few others have wrote about what I had seen in terms of a possible Trump populist party forming from the GOP only they don't think it is as likely to be abandoned as I did (do... I'm still not sure) with a Trump loss.

The election itself?

I don't know about you guys but the process itself almost 3rd world to me. Voter fraud has always existed and it always will. But I have to tell you that the looks of this were very bad. I'm NOT saying the election was rigged or the fraud rampant. But I've seen comments from people in Germany and England and so forth where they just cannot believe some of the things they have seen. I'm not talking about Trump fanboys either. Normal serious people who are just gobsmacked at what they saw.

I hope we can all agree that plague or not we just can't allow mass mail in ballots ever again. The process needs to be so clean and so clear cut that any doubt on the results can be rightfully be dismissed as paranoia or sour grapes. For the first time in my life, in a couple cities and one state at least, I am not sure that is the case. If fairly large states like Colorado, Florida, Ohio, Wisconsin, and so forth can do fast, accurate counting then by God the rest of them can. Having this constant drumbeat of large segments of votes coming in at 3:00 in the morning, or qualified election observers being thrown out of the counting rooms, and election officials so grabastic that they can talk on tv about finding 20k or 30k batches of votes that were floating around in the ether without hanging their heads in shame and vowing to resign after the count is finished, etc, is a recipe for conspiracy theories. Long election counts that drag on for days is the mark of a 3rd world nation.

We need an election commission with the express purpose of coming up with a set of transparent and clear cut rules.

Will
    Last edited by Penguin; 11-06-2020 at 08:53 AM.