Thread: PowerPro Microline

PowerPro Microline

Anyone tried this line? Appears to be braid and is only availa in 3 and 4 pounds test though. I don't know if that's the diameter though or the actual strength? I was looking at the new Shimano Stradic C14 that's made specifically for this line.

BKB

I don't know about the line but the stradic c4i is the best reel I've ever owned.

what line are you using on it, Len? I see that it's made specifically for microline but was wondering how it works with regular diameter lines.

Its pretty light weight too isn't it?

BKB

I use 6lb fireline braid with it. I think it has the mono diameter of 2lb test. The reel is incredible. It manages the braided stuff with ease. The reel weight is perfect for the Loomis bronzeback rod I put it on. I already beat the thing to hell and back and it is still in perfect working order.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Wow. Just the rod I was looking at too.

BKB

Dude... do it. You will NOT regret it... Next bottle of crystal head is on me if you do
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.