Thread: #56

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

That's how many years I've bought a deer license. Spent the day with #3 setting up our shooting stations in the woods. Temps were in the low 30, light breeze and some sun, just a nice day to be out.
    Sunday is opening day, forecast is snow/rain mix (uuuggg)
    We're on private land so getting to your blind at zero-dark thirty isn't that important. We'll usually walk in just a little before daybreak. Mine spot is about 1/4 mile from the truck, down an old deserted two track. Overlooks a nice valley that has lots of scrapes and rubs. Shots are all less than 100 yd's, usually around 50. It's typical old hardwoods, Beech and Maple, travel corridor between a corn field and a small pot hole lake. Our property is 180 acres surrounded by 1000's of acres of National Park about 5 mile from Lake Michigan, lots of room, not heavily hunted.
    Our average is a nice buck every few years and does when ever we want one. This year the State has tried something new, a Combo License use to be for two bucks, first one had to be a 6 point or better, second one had to be 8 or better. This year it's the same except you can take a doe with one of them, rather than having to apply for a doe permit. To many deer, need to thin the herd.
    Trip report in a few days.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Good luck and enjoy the time spent afield with the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Good luck. Bubba!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Sounds like a great spot. Good luck with it and try to wait until you get back home before you take your nap.