Thread: Today’s Political Poser

Today’s Political Poser

The two Senate runoffs in Georgia are coming up Jan 5th, likely the darkest hour or the pandemic.

The President has said mail in voting is the debbil, and republicans think that’s the way the third world does things.

So will the Georgia GOP embrace mail in/absentee voting or will they continue to insist their constituents vote in person? Go one way and you separate yourself from Trump’s invalid election narrative, go the other and you risk supressing your own voters.
    What’s it gonna be?
    Look at what a fine mess you’ve gotten us into now Ollie!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I thought you were taking a break from politics.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I was, but you keep drawing me back into it. Its You You You!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    The Fat Lady ain't sung (sang?) yet.

hollered.
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    The Fat Lady ain't sung (sang?) yet.
    You just need to listen harder...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

more
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    You want to eliminate 99% of election fraud and restore 99% of US faith in elections?

Paper ballots, filled out in person at the polling location, and counted in public.

That is the gold standard. Technology is going to foster doubts. There can be no election integrity when you mail out hundreds of thousands of unrequested ballots... and then try to eliminate signature matches. Hells fire these states didn't even have a hard count of how many ballots they were due to count. My god, even if things were 100% on the up and up that alone would cause serious doubts about the final vote.

Eliminate all of this high tech gadgetry. It fosters election fraud. PERIOD.

Will

Willie, if there was ANY proof of election fraud of any scale in the US caused by voting machines or mail in or absentee voting I might look at this seriously. Your suggestion also disenfranchises anyone serving outside their home registered state in the military or civil service.
    this is just the regurgitation of the same old story: I don’t know howthese states’ election processes work, I just KNOW there is fraud because my guy lost and he should have won. Is the next narrative going to be that election fraud is impossible to detect? The perfect crime? because that’s pretty much what you’re saying.

Its over. Fini.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Of course you can see it... If you want to find it PRIOR to putting ballots into the queue. Once they are separated from the envelope you only have statistics to show red flags. But shy of throwing out a ton of ballots, both valid and invalid, there is no way to rectify it.

Hence my disgust with throwing out poll watchers or keeping them half a football field away. Or destroying envelopes prior to a full audit. Or trying to do away with signature matching altogether. Or mailing out hundreds of thousands of unrequested ballots WHILE trying to do away with signature checks.

What the hell are you supposed to think when these actions are taken? What possible explanation could be made other than trying to enable fraud?

The statistics tell you only that red flags exist. That the odds are things weren't on the level. It offers no way to address them.

I have zero problems with a verified voter with ID getting an absentee ballot. Mass mail in stinks to high heaven and no amount of your derision will change my mind on that.

Will

Show me wheree any poll watchers were half a football field away. 20’ is an awfully small footb all field. I’ve yet to see these statistics that prove anything. If you cite them, please post them here and I’ll be happy to listen intently.

My derisiion is reserved for the issue Willy, not you.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Can you do a signature match at 20 feet?

And the rest? What reason do you offer for mailing out, quite literally, hundreds of thousands of unrequested ballots WHILE trying to eliminate signature matching? What benign explanation do you offer?

And I'm not running down your stats for you. They're out there and some of them (like the number and locations of the counties where Biden outperformed Obama especially in comparison to adjacent counties) paints a very troubling portrait. The voter turnout in these counties shows exactly what happened. But only if you wish to take an honest look.

Will
    Last edited by Penguin; 11-30-2020 at 02:23 PM.

We can zoom down into the various rabbit holoes that end nowhere, or we can look at it from 10,000’ at the plausibility of a vast multistate voter fraud conspiracy masterminded by the Democrats but executed by Republicans. Does that cover the summary accurately?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Or you can just buy into the narrative that nothing untoward occurred and any suggestion to the contrary is lunacy writ large. Of course you have to be comfortable with knowing that the same people putting out this suggestion just spent the last 4 years telling you that Russia!Russia!Russia! had The Donald on a short leash. You choice.

Or you could accept that at the very least Biden underperformed Obama (and Hilary) in almost all counties in the nation EXCEPT a few very large ones located in fortuitous swing states.... where he outperformed them both by millions. And that these counties also had one candidate's support that make Gadaffi look like a piker. While turnout in these counties surpassed that of nations where not voting is illegal.

I suppose you just have to decide what is real and unreal for yourself.

Will

I suppose so. Russia did interfere in our 2016 election. And the investigation that proved it was ran by Republicans.

I think a good place to start looking at election processes is the old 2005 bipartisan commission on fair elections. It was done after the close election and subsequent bumbling in Florida that led to a supreme court decision ti decide who won. One of the only things done from that was the implementation of REALID, which in my state, absurdly, was opposed by you guessed it Republicans. Dust it off and read. Some good stuff. Talks about mail in voting too.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yes, they did fight it. But they lost.... as they should have. I think you might be forgetting that I am an independent and not associated with any party.

Florida cleaned up their act. And if you don't mind my saying you are going to find that the people most opposed to what they did will be Democrats. I could be wrong but you will not see them held up as role models by the more left fringe of the party.

But you know one of the things they did which at least short circuited the more bizarre conspiracy theories involving the CIA, the Russians and Dominion voting machines? They count ballots before they open them up. So no matter what else happens it eliminates being able to "find" ballots in the heat of battle. You have a certain number and valid or not they all have to add up to the original number.

Will

PS: Yeah I'm sure those dozen Russian trolls and a couple million in Facebook ads explains why Hilary lost to the satisfaction of most unaffiliated citizens....

There’s no reason for states to not to look at best practices for election security. But it would be a huge mistake to federalize elections, and its really a slippery slope to even have federal standards. I’m not sure how any of that is supported by the constitution.The type of federal intervention into the current election that Trump is calling for should make us all uncomfortable.
    BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    The RealID thing is great, but around here, it is the Democrats that are against requiring a government issued ID to vote.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

we’ve had voter id here quite awhile and no issues thhat I know of. We don’t have RealID fully implemented yet and unless we get another extension soon I think Okies will have to start using passports on flightsand stuff.
    Government overreach and all.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    There was a lawsuit over requiring ID to vote here. There were claims that requiring someone to pay $6 for a state issued ID once every six years would disenfranchise people.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

just another way the tax man has hos foot on the neck of the poor man, brother!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    $1 a year for an id is foot on neck?