Thread: Any you fellers get any Black Friday Deals?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

Any you fellers get any Black Friday Deals?

I did the prime thing about a month ago/ (I can't fart without alexa hearing it!)...we replaced a 50" tv with another/better one 6 months ago for $199 and the same one is $199 on BF?.....Guess I don't need anything, yet I see no good deals like last year.

Saw some good online deals here and there. We just bought the wife a new computer that gets here Tuesday so we’ll take it easy on the old account for a bit.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I got about 250 bucks worth of dress clothes for 90 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Saw some good online deals here and there. We just bought the wife a new computer that gets here Tuesday so we’ll take it easy on the old account for a bit.
    probably got the intel 9000 Series processor/ if 10000 then you done real good.

I am currently looking at the intel 10900k processor.....AMD ryzen (5000 Series) looks good though.

Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    probably got the intel 9000 Series processor/ if 10000 then you done real good.
    MacBook Air with the Apple M1 chip, which is why we had to preorder.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    MacBook Air with the Apple M1 chip, which is why we had to preorder.

BKB
    well you must be special.....I have a i7-9700k running an gtx 2080.....Why Apple ecosystem?....

You can not play faycry5?/6.... 2 Grand for internet/Google?
    Last edited by airbud7; 11-29-2020 at 04:55 PM.

We bought our Macbook Pro in late 2011 and its never had malware, never had a virus, and never had a hardware failure. Its wasn’t 2k but I consider a value.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

neither has my 2600k (Sandy Bridge) which happens to be my home theater computer processor....Now!

PS: Windows 10 conversation only!

Ouch: Barry and Cappy love they iPhones!
    Last edited by airbud7; 11-29-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Honestly, I don’t keep up with technology much anymore. Functionality is my main driver now. I know its a Ford/Chevy thing but all of our devices are Apple products. There are little issues here andthere, but IMO they are the most effortless and have great support.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

okay... I'm going to buy the best one!......RTX 2080 vs RTX 3080 is huge!

After two years in a row running to Best Buy for their fantastic Black Friday deals only to find out they were sold out 20-mins. after the doors opened, I smelled nothing but bait & switch. I don't fall for it any more and just stay home. F-'em.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I honestly haven’t owned my own computer in over 28 years. I have had a laptop through work. But, mostly use my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

My daily user is a P/C with a screen as big as a drive-in movie and I use a laptop for travel (in hotel rooms). I'll use my phone in a pinch (mostly calls and texting), but even though it's an iPhone 10 Plus, it irritates me to have to do much internet related stuff on it if I have ANY other option. I've bought three iPads over the years and we end up never using them. Once the contracts expire, I end up dumping them on eBay. Why I fall for them, I have no clue, but every once in a while, I "think" they might be neat to have. I've been wrong every time. In fact, I have one now and the 2-yr. contract expires in January. I think it MIGHT have 30-mins. use logged and will be headed for eBay after the first of the year. (not very cost efficient)

We have friends who use nothing but iPads The ONLY thing they use their phones for is voice conversations and even those are limited as it's usually Facetime with family on the iPad. They have a nice P/C that hasn't even been turned on in probably 3 years or more, in fact, I asked about it just last week and they told me it was working when they shut it down, but they have no clue if it still does.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Lol, I love my ipad. On my second one as my daily user. I retired my first one after Apple stopped supporting it, and now it serves as my music server to my old AVR. It still works like a champ but some of my newer apps won’t work on it. I’ve had my ipad air since 2014 and its still cranking along except for a battery issue that keeps me plugged in to power most of the time. I’m due for a new one probably next summer.

BkB
    Viva Renaldo!

I'd always bought the larger one's before and we never used them. For some silly reason. I bought a smaller one last time (8"). It seems there was something going on where I thought Lynn could make good use of it, but I have no clue what it was. I was wrong. It's pretty basic, because it's all (I thought) she'd need at the time, but it's prolly been in the box since a week after we bought it. I'll be selling it next month if there's any interest.

Note: I just looked and it's not an iPad (the others were). It's a Samsung Galaxy Tab A if anyone's interested. As stated above, it's basic at only 32 GB. I pull it out every 4-5 months just to top off the battery. I think it's a 2018 model purchased in January 2019 with a 2-year contract.

I’ve sworn off all Samsung products after buyong two of their tv’s that crapped out and a refrigerator that wasn’t worth a tinkers damn.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Now that you mention it, I think I had the same deal with a large flat screen TV. It was a Samsung and started giving me intermittent problems (can't even remember what it was doing). Then it crapped out completely. I hit my good friend Google to see if I could figure out what was going on and found it was a common problem and Samsung actually had a recall on them. BUT ... as I read further, the frigging "recall" was only good for 2-years from the purchase date. Of course, mine was 2-1/2 years old at that time. WTF??

It seems Bubba had a similar problem with his Samsung refrigerator.

On one of my Samsung tvs it was the video card that went bad. When I was thinking about fixing it, I read up on it and it was
    a common issue. The video card was expensive enough and I was pissed enough to give $20 to Best Buy to trash the damn thing. My other Samsung TV is a DLP that the lamp went out on the first year I had it. I replaced it for like $60 and its been relegated to our gameroom tv that doesn’t get much use.
    I replaced two motherboards on our Samsung fridge, and finally gave up. Our main TV is a 70” and fridge in the kitchen are both LG. Haven’t had a problem with either except for a minor icemake issue related to scale in our water that I was able to fix.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!