Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have we figured this out yet?

Have we figured this out yet?

I think Willy referred to our election as a national embarrassment and worthy of a third world country. So far, states have gone about their certifications and found no meaningful issues. And that means nothing they don’t see in any election. It doesn’t mean voter fraud happens in e ery election either. Most are minor human errors.
    The GOP and Trump have filed over 30 lawsuits and have only won minorly in like two of them, neither which affected any outcomes.
    So IMO, here’s what is a national embarrassment: We get all pissed off when players kneel for the national anthem in a meaningless football game where half the fans don’t know the words and the other half are half sober. We get all pissed off when some celebritysays something stupid like that means doodley squat. Yet we sit on ourhands when people like Sideny Powell and Ronna McDaniel and Rudy and Trump bloviate to no end about what a sorry ass crappy job our states have done running their elections and claiming there is some sort of massive fraud that exists in our very institutions with absolutely no proof. And 70% of Republicans fucking believe it! And then they shamelessly fund raise off of it to help finance their next campaign.

If you want to look at acts of blatant unpatriotic behavior, look no farther than 5e people who are embarrassing us in front of the world stage right now.

Its time to stop this.

End of rant! Have a nice day.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Things I think are 3rd world about this election:

1) Stopping election counts without even providing a reason why in most cases.
    2) Which allowed many of the Republican and/or Independent poll watchers in many of these to be sent home...
    3) And then resume counting for hours without awaiting the Republican poll watchers to return.
    4) Or even worse making poll watchers stand 100' away from the actual work tables.
    5) Having precinct after precinct in crucial swing state cities with support for one candidate that would have made Idi Amin blush in shame.

There are a lot of accusations that I feel are way out in left field. But this election has had much more than it's share of fraud. And either we outlaw mail in ballots and require government issued ID (like every country in the rest of the civilized world!!!!) or we reconcile ourselves to having these kind of issues from now on.

Will

I dunno, I kind’a thought the endless Russian collusion b/s was embarrassing.

Oh, nevermind, that was the Democrats.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I dunno, I kind’a thought the endless Russian collusion b/s was embarrassing.

Oh, nevermind, that was the Democrats.
    Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar

Biden elected President; remember Gasoline is currently $1.70-2.10 per gallon. Interest rates are 2.65% for a 30 year mortgage. The stock market closed at 28,323, even though we have been fighting COVID for 9 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33%. We had the best economy ever until COVID, and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. ISIS has not been heard from for over 3 years. The housing market is the strongest in over 20 years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell within hours of going on the market, with multiple offers. Let’s hope the Harris/Biden Administration new leadership can build on these things and can keep them going, but if I were a betting person I would bet that the only place I will see these results will be in this post. When it all fails and the economy is tanking, they will blame Trump. Just watch. Make a copy to compare later. Posted 11-24-2020

That’s a pretty rosy picture. Maybe you oughta check the lines at your local food banks. Those folks aren’t all in line to donate, they’re there to feed their families. Ask them how their 401ks are doing while you’re there. And you forgot to mention a quarter million American souls are dead and gone while your boy golfed and pimped fake cures.

We do have a lot to be thankful for and you mentioned many of them. But maybe instead of taking credit or placing blame for where we are, maybe we pughta do somethingto help folks outright now. The election is over. Drop the politics and lets get on with living instead of politicking.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

And, farmers have been enjoying some pretty good crop prices, as well.
    Southern Gentleman

"""Maybe you oughta check the lines at your local food banks."""

And, maybe you oughta go down that same line, and see how many of those same folks are totally capable and want a job.....not saying they're all capable, but many are completely satisfied with their lifestyle of free handouts, and are just too day'um lazy to work.....trust me, I know how the free food system works.
    Southern Gentleman

Well its a good thing they aren’t getting that food on donations instead of your nickel then. Otherwise you might be pissed.

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Grrrrr...Let me tell you something right now!!!......dam, I forgot what I was gonna say.?

Well, you can add me to the “tired of politics and want to move on” crowd. I haven’t tuned into ANY cable news network since maybe one or two days after Election Day. Between Trump acting like a brat kid going through the “terrible twos” and threatening to hold his breath until he turns blue, to Biden and Kamala promising to save the planet and give us all free shit, I’m done! What will all the bitching and moaning accomplish? Like Hillary said about Benghazi, “What difference, at this point, does it make?” I just want to move on, hope for the best and decide what to do 4 years from now.

Or should we play like whiny Dems and start an “impeach Biden campaign”?

I want to go Party with Hunter right now!.....I bet that little s*** is grinning from ear-to-ear and got cocaine lines as long as a damn Greyhound bus!

I’m ready for turkey and football.

In either order.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Screw football. I’m ready for Turkey and a nap!

Be ause I liked it so much I bought another four packages of that turkey brine that you sent me many years ago. Good stuff!

BKb
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    My 401K was doing well until the COVID lockdowns throttled the economy. The first quarter was brutal but it’s been gaining back so far in the second half of the year.

We’ll see what happens next.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Well, the Dow just broke 30,000!! Not sure if it has to do with the Corona vaccine being released or the Biden election, but I'm sure the Repubs will claim it's because they invented the vaccine and the Dems will claim it's because everyone knows Biden's gonna save Planet Earth. So who knows?

A/B, you like theme songs! Here’s mine for what’s left of the ass end of 2020.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    maybe we pughta do somethingto help folks outright now. The election is over. Drop the politics and lets get on with living instead of politicking.

BKB
    Tell pelosi and the Dems that... they are the ones that cock blocked relief bills the last 2-3 months. All because of the election and nothing more

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Well, as a keen international (from your perspective) observer of all things American politics, I can say with total conviction that some pretty hinky shit went down during this election process. Sorry for the technical term but it seems to fit.

I would like to ask the average Biden voter the importance rating of these two things - 1. A fair and honest election or 2. Getting rid of Trump. I think I know the answer.

As for a Biden Presidency, which almost seems inevitable now, no clue how that will work out. How does a man suffering from the early stages of senile dementia deal with the crazies in his own party (a substantial number) as well as the bad actors out in the real world. I don't really see him going toe to toe with Xi or Kim or Putin or any of them. Iran? Who the fuck knows? Who will really be in charge? His wife? Beats me.

"Leader of the free world"? Good luck with that.

My prediction is we'll be in some sorta war in the Middle East in less than 12 months.....h3ll, it might happen right here in downtown USA.....our enemies know this admin. is full of hot air and unicorn farts.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 11-24-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    A/B, you like theme songs! Here’s mine for what’s left of the ass end of 2020.

BKB
    Dude I love Stapleton!.....never heard that one...Thanks

Here's a recent headline during the Trump administration:

The United States Was Energy Independent in 2019 for the First Time Since 1957

Now I read this:

Joe Biden named former Secretary of State John Kerry as the special climate envoy, a sign the president-elect is putting global warming at the center of his foreign policy.

The Biden administration will push countries to transition away from coal, oil and natural gas, develop renewable power and advanced batteries, and conserve delicate ecosystems such as forests. The job will require Kerry to go beyond advocating for action under the UN framework for climate.

Yeah right. Give me a frigging break ....

create a problem so you can fix it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    The national embarrassment will be coming, as will a massive case of buyer's remorse. But a House Divided, and all that. Seems inevitable. Who knows.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    “Leader of the Free World” was abdicated four years ago as a central plank of Trump’s American First policy. We can argue if that’s a good policy or not. But, let’s not pretend that’s not what Trump ran and governed on.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

And FYI, we are not ‘energy independent’ as your orange boy says we are. We may be a net exporter of oil and natiral gas but we’re far from being not reliant on foriegn sources of oil, in particular the Middle East.
    The fact is, whether you or anyone else wants to believe it or not, our energy independence is driven by our connectedness to the world and not our isolation from it. Remove a key foreign piece of production somewhere else in the world and just see if you don’tsee our prices jump at the pump.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Party pooper!

I wasn’t the one who tied the success of a president to the price of gas. When and if we ever get a president that can control internation markets and crude oil prices, we will have a magician and not a president.
    Its bogus for any president to brag about how ‘they’ reduced gasoline prices. Their policies may make a bit of difference but not as much as the braggarts would like to admit.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!