Thread: Man, is she ever gonna be pissed !!!.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Man, is she ever gonna be pissed !!!.....

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, so ya'll keep quiet

sljdog.jpg
    Southern Gentleman

Izzat you Mudward?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    I don't ask, but know my wife paid a Grand for our Poodle and $850 for our Shitso.
    One of our favorite dogs was a yellow lab, bought from a neighbor for $50,
    I really like dogs, we've had one or two for all but the first two months of our 52 year marriage.
    Much nicer than some dumb old flea invested stray cat, well, wait, we've had two of those too.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

We’ve been, well I’ve been, raising two husky pups that came to us as rescues the summer of 2019. They came from an abandoned littler where someone had moved out and left the mother and the litter behind. The mother dog was dead when they were found. We couldn’t bring ourselves to split them up. They’ve turned out to be two of the best dogs I’ e ever been around. If they ever grow out of puppyhood anyway.
    BKB

BAF87432-D1F4-4C00-B564-EAD7A3F2110C.jpg

3F0F036A-5166-41E7-A7B6-1AC97421543F.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    We’ve been, well I’ve been, raising two husky pups that came to us as rescues the summer of 2019. They came from an abandoned littler where someone had moved out and left the mother and the litter behind. The mother dog was dead when they were found. We couldn’t bring ourselves to split them up. They’ve turned out to be two of the best dogs I’ e ever been around. If they ever grow out of puppyhood anyway.
    BKB

BAF87432-D1F4-4C00-B564-EAD7A3F2110C.jpg

3F0F036A-5166-41E7-A7B6-1AC97421543F.jpg
    Romulus and Remus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

It's a personal thing with me, so it's basically meaningless, just an opinion. I have never understood the purebred thing. We grew up with dogs AND cats and always had strays or pound rescues. The only purebred we ever had was one we adopted because the owners (family friends) were moving into an apartment that did not allow pets. That dog was a royal pain in the ass. The best (and smartest) dog I ever owned was a beagle mix I adopted from the pound. IMO, there are too many abandoned pets out there to have people actually BREEDING the things, but I do understand, like anything else, different strokes, for different folks.

Lynn's brother and sister-in-law have two cats that they PURCHASED from a breeder in L.A. Bengals, for THREE FRIGGING THOUSAND DOLLARS EACH!!!! WTF? But they're rich and it's a free country, so I guess they can have whatever the F they want. I just can't see it personally, whether it's a dog OR a cat.

My uncle used to have a whole kennel of hunting dogs. He once told me he had more money tied up in those dogs than what he paid for his first house!

We’ve done both. Haven’t paid that much but we were raising pets. I bought a springer from a farmer in Kansas and paid a pretty good premium for. She’s 11 now and starting to show her age a lot. I mainly bought from him be ause when I pulled up at his place in Kansas, all his dogs came running to meet me. They were farm dogs and the only one confined was the mama dog and her pups. And they were ‘confined’ in his house.
    And she acts like a farm dog too. (both good and bad!)

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

This guy is 9 years old, and a lot grayer around the muzzle just like me, today!

This is the best representation of husky pups I’veseen. And we have it X2.
    BKB

F6514D1F-7014-484C-A55C-3F241A6A9FB4.jpg
    Viva Renaldo!

Brittany’s are a pretty high energy breed and I can’t imagine having two running around my house. Rocky mellowed out pretty nicely around 5-6, but still gets the zoomies on the regular.

A thoroughly trained and finished squirrel dog that is a hard hunter, with good manners and no bad habits, can easily run up to $5,000 bucks, depending on the breed and pedigree.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 12-04-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

Dang! I know I’m old, considering I paid window sticker price (it was in high demand and was selling as fast as the trucks came in) for my first NEW car! $3200.00