Was looking at the local paper and they were talking about the Rona vaccine. They were interviewing the Head guy at St John Ascension which is one of our biggest hospitals in Tulsa. He said when the vaccine came available that the medical staff at St John would have the choice to get it.
I’m sure you get the part that made my antennae twitch. Choice.
This is gonna open up a major can of worms I think, about vaccines and public health. If there is any place that I’d assume covid vaccines would be mandatory it’d be among medical staff. I’ve not heard any stories yet of whether employers will/will be able to made covid vaccines mandatory for employees. It will be especially interesting to see whT they do about public schools, which IMO should be the next priority. Teachers, staff, etc. But what about students? Mandatory?
For some odd reason you can’t swing a cat in Oklahoma without smacking an antivaxxer. I suspect thos is going to another one of ‘those’ issues.
Here we go, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
I don’t know what the number of required vaccinations is to achieve herd immunity but that’s a long ways off.
What do you guys think? Mandatory or no? Is it constitutional to be mandatory?

BKB