I got burned out with the news through the last few years and this last election period finally just pushed me over the edge. I went on a news hiatus a day or so after the election and have pretty much stuck to it except for a few short check-ins with my local news station. I have caught short glimpses of some sort of hacking coverage, but truthfully, I haven't paid a bit of attention to it and am clueless as to what's been going on. Right now, keeping my head buried in the sand has made for a happier life, but I'm sure I'll eventually get dragged back into current events. FOX, CNN and their ilk? I got so fed up with their bullshit, it'll take me a LONG while to check back in with them. The proliferation of cable and it's 24/7 news coverage has totally ruined it for me. There's not enough NEWS to garner that amount of coverage, so they've all filled in the blanks with nothing but commentary (most of which can be thrown into the "fake news" category) ... which only leans whichever political direction the networks choose.

TBH, I have not missed it one bit ... but I'll admit I sometimes feel a little guilty for becoming a member of the "uninformed" crowd lately.