Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Packages

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar

Stimulus Packages

An honest question - Why do our governments (both yours and mine) insist on loading these so called Covid stimulus packages with more pork than a stacked ham sandwich? Billions and billions are going out the door to foreign countries for God knows what. Can no politician actually bring forth a 'clean bill' that will address the needs of our citizens BEFORE sending $$$ to support gender studies in Bumfuckistan? Don't know about you but I'm seriously pissed with this shit.

Yep, Jboy, it's 6,000 pages of pure bullsheeit.
    Southern Gentleman

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    An honest question - Why do our governments (both yours and mine) insist on loading these so called Covid stimulus packages with more pork than a stacked ham sandwich? Billions and billions are going out the door to foreign countries for God knows what. Can no politician actually bring forth a 'clean bill' that will address the needs of our citizens BEFORE sending $$$ to support gender studies in Bumfuckistan? Don't know about you but I'm seriously pissed with this shit.
    Short answer because 99.9% of the shit they stuff a bill with wouldn't pass on its own. I know that's the Cap. obvious answer but its the truth.

Politics disgusts me on all levels! I guess it’s why I was totally behind the “drain the swamp” movement. There’s way too much draining to do than could be done in 4 years. ‘Course Trump fires the replacements as fast as he puts ‘em in there .... or they can’t handle the b/s and resign.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    $2.3 trillion....American citizens get 180 billion....that's the way the Democrats work!

Trump wanted $2,400 per American citizen at a cost of 600 billion and only required one page of legislation...

The Democrats are going to give America away!...."gender programs in Pakistan to the tune of $10 million" WTF?

Grrrrr!
    Last edited by airbud7; 12-22-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Thats the way they all work

Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    Short answer because 99.9% of the shit they stuff a bill with wouldn't pass on its own.
    True^.....page after page of Bullshit....we get $600 yet the the debt we inherit is $8,800 per person!...(in this single bill)

6000 pages of shit!......I could care less what gender you are in Pakistan!.....

Fuck DC!!!
    Last edited by airbud7; 12-22-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Y’all are the ones who send these people to DC. Stop voting for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Sure, ya' may as well just write in Mickey Mouse ... that'll fix it.

Vote 3rd party? Sure ... see above.

People starving and waiting in mile long food lines isn’t good for the morale at Christmas.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Can anyone point out how this bill is better than the one proposed prior to the election?

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

I’m not sure anyone who’s posted so far has any idea of what the OMNIBUS bill even had in it.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

We're not even having Christmas this year. Dec, 25th is nothing more than a date on the calendar for us right now. We often take a cruise at Christmas (did last year also), but that is definitely not happening. We haven't done gifts to each other in years as there's nothing we really need that we don't already have ... in fact, we're now downsizing and need to get rid of stuff, not add to it. All of Lynn's family is in Los Angeles and on lock-down, not that we'd risk travel right now even if we could. Besides, we always stay with her mom when there, but the fact she's in her 80's, we wouldn't even consider it. My mom died last year and she's the only family I had here other than a nut bag brother whom I cut all contact with almost 30 years ago. At least I assume he still lives here, couldn't tell ya' and could care less. Lynn hasn't worked since March and has nothing on the horizon although she's been putting out feelers. (No, I won't let her flip burgers, luckily we're not that bad off) It's gonna be a Christmas for the record books and something we can talk to our grandkids about I suppose. Kind'a like my grandparents talked about the Great Depression. "Yep, you youngsters think YOU have it rough, back in '20, we didn't even have Christmas!"

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I’m not sure anyone who’s posted so far has any idea of what the OMNIBUS bill even had in it.

BKB
    I’m not sure that most of the people that voted on it had any idea of what’s in it.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Right. Another hint that some of our politicians don’t pay very close attention!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ha! Like Pelosi commenting on Obama Care when the Dems shoved it down our throats! I wonder if SHE even knew what was in it?

LOL so you contend that the dems rammed this omnibus bill down your poor throats?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

No sir, I was just commenting on Deppity's and your comments above my post. (just a general comment not directed at anything specific) Hey, let's just pass the bill, then we can see what's in it!

I’m not sure that most of the people that voted on it had any idea of what’s in it.
    Another hint that some of our politicians don’t pay very close attention!

But let me get this straight. You don’t think that the peoplewho voted for the bill knew what was in it, right? And the seven who voted against it thought it was a pig in a poke?
    That’s the narrative on why its bad?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Ok, let me back out of this right now. If you'll go through some of my recent posts regarding news coverage since the election, I've stated many times I'm so frigging sick of politics and politicians, that I've gone on a (political) news hiatus. I have literally stuck my head in the sand and have ignored ALL politics for a month now and am happier for it. My cable company could have suspended ALL cable news coverage 2-3 days after the election, and I wouldn't know the difference. FOX, CNN and their ilk have gotten to the point they make me wanna puke. I'll glance at the news feed I have on my phone from time to time, but 99% of what I actually read is local news that contains NOTHING political in nature if I can avoid it.

That said, (and this is almost embarrassing to say as a previous news junkie), I have no frigging clue what the omnibus bill is you're discussing. I was simply going by the CONTEXT of what you and Deppity were saying and it reminded me of Pelosi's asinine statement a few years back. I suppose I should have just avoided comment, because I cannot follow-up with anything intelligent to add to the conversation, since I'm totally clueless as to what you're discussing and will most likely remain that way for now. Right or wrong, it's just where I stand with politics right now as there's not a f'ing thing I can do to change what those Washington assholes are doing. For me to jump into this conversation would be as ridiculous as getting into a discussion about ball teams/players (personally hated more than politics TBH) or country music (tolerable, but could care less about). Now, there's my curmudgeon response, so shoot me.

But Jim, it was a lie when they said they didn’t onow what was in the Affordable Care Act as well. If they didn’t know, they should have been fired or impeached or had the pee pees whacked.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Well thanks for ruining my day. The thought ... and accompanying mental image of whacking Nancy's pee-pee has pushed me over the edge!

barf.jpg

Come on guys, do the math....everyday Americans got bent over and a big one shoved up our ass!

Gender in Pakistan is going to help us with covid?......Grrrrrr!

News Flash:

President Trump in a video posted to Twitter on Tuesday night demanded that lawmakers amend the coronavirus stimulus package they passed Monday to include $2,000 checks for individuals instead of $600 checks -- while also insisting that "wasteful and unnecessary" items be cut from the year-end spending package that was attached to the pandemic aid.

do you want $600 or $2,000....the choice is yours because the money is already spent... poof, like a fart in the Wind
    Last edited by airbud7; 12-23-2020 at 01:56 PM.

That gender in Pakistan thing? That was a Lindsey Graham deal added in there. Its actually to restart aid to an ally.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    That gender in Pakistan thing? That was a Lindsey Graham deal added in there. Its actually to restart aid to an ally.

BKB
    oh, I'm not doubting you there!.....I'm a big Trump fan here but I sure do hope Biden does good!...I love this Country.

democrat or republican I would hate to be the president that had to deal with covid-19.

Love y'all....Merry Christmas

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    "Omnibus" bills are the problem. My govt does exactly the same thing - load a bill purported to be about xyz (fill in the blanks) with as much added spending for special interests (that no one would normally vote for) as you can then push it through under the guise of 'helping' the poor people who need it. Gotta accept the entire bill or else. It's just money laundering by the politicos to move tax dollars to their pet donors. It stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    "Omnibus" bills are the problem. My govt does exactly the same thing - load a bill purported to be about xyz (fill in the blanks) with as much added spending for special interests (that no one would normally vote for) as you can then push it through under the guise of 'helping' the poor people who need it. Gotta accept the entire bill or else. It's just money laundering by the politicos to move tax dollars to their pet donors. It stinks.
    exactly!...you hit the nail on the head with that statement johnboy!

Love y'all

Probably why Presidents at least as far back as Reagan have asked for a line item veto.

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Probably why Presidents at least as far back as Reagan have asked for a line item veto.

yep...that would have allowed President Trump to cut 4099 out of 5000 pages!....it only takes one page to help Americans...2.4 trillion = $8,800 each!......but you're not going to get that!

every American just got f*****!

could you imagine being a homeless guy in Las Vegas or San Francisco getting $8,800?
    Last edited by airbud7; 12-23-2020 at 04:58 PM.