And where were you when Clinton gave clemency to 16 FALN members? Of course he made them promise not to do anything violent afterwards. Ha!

The Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación Nacional (FALN) was a Puerto Rican clandestine paramilitary organization that, through direct action, advocated complete independence for Puerto Rico. It carried out more than 130 bomb attacks in the United States between 1974 and 1983, including a 1975 bombing of the Fraunces Tavern in New York City that killed four people.

Of course there was also Patty Hearst, Susan Rosenberg and Linda Evans ... not to mention his own brother for cocaine trafficking (who later had trouble getting busted for DUI a couple times).

Of course the real kicker was pardoning Marc Rich who was convicted of evading $48 million in taxes and buying $200 million of Iranian oil in violation of a US embargo during the 1979 hostage crisis. He fled to Switzerland, but Clinton pardoned him AFTER Rich's wife gave more than $1 million to Democrats, including more than $100,000 to support Hillary Clinton’s New York Senate run and $450,000 to Bill Clinton’s presidential library. Oh yeah, never mind, I forgot, he didn't kill anybody. Strike that one.

Heck, Jimmy Carter pardoned 566 people as well as 200,000 frigging draft dodgers! I'll bet that made a lot of families happy who lost sons and daughters who were drafted. Hell, I was even drafted during that time, but I was one of the lucky ones.

I think 99% of Presidential pardons are probably controversial in one way or another.