Thread: Showtime

Showtime

Showtime has a really good two part deal called 'History of the Eagles'. My apologies if this has been out a while, but this is the first time I've seen it.
    I run hot and cold on The Eagles. I was a Pure Praire League fan and lived that genre of hippie cowboy freak music harmony lover during the 70's so how can I not like The Eagles? Mainly cause Glenn Frey is a butthole and so is Don Henley for that matter.

The Joe Walsh footage in this documentary is worth the time it takes to watch it.I've always been an unabashed Walsh fan. Nobody plays guitar licks the same way Walsh does.

Anyway, watch it or don't. You'll be missing out if you like the Eagles and that genre if you don't.

Reminds me, I need to go listen to some PPL. I'll fix your flat tire Merle......

BKB

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I'm a huge Eagles fan. (If I was going to let the personalities I'd politics of most musicians bother me, I wouldn't be able coy listen to anything.). I've read a couple articles about the show ansd will look for it. One of my favorite Eagles albums is actually a compilation by various Country artists called "Common Thread".
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

If I was going to let the personalities I'd politics of most musicians bother me, I wouldn't be able coy listen to anything.
    WTFO?? Did you have a coupl'a Bloody Marys for breakfast?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Damn autocorrect. You should have seen the errors I fixed.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Hank, in the second film they mention Travis Tritt as the person who finally got Henley and Frey back together again when they were shooting the cover for Common Thread.

BKB

I just set it to record today. It's from 5-8pm. I assume that's both parts rolled in to one?

Felder is a tool... Henley's a tool... so's Frey... There's just no way they could ever exist all together without that much conflict. Frey, Felder, Henley, Walsh are all front men. Talent, personality, style, contribution... they are ALL front men and would be the natural leader of any group of musicians they found themselves with. Put 'em all together and you make the mess that was the Eagles. I rally like 'em, by the way. Once I got some Eagles tunes down pat for playing around the campfire, I was golden
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

That's part one, which Showtime doesn't friggin say on their guides. Part two is an hour and ten minutes. So you'll have to look for that one. Part two covers the never endong reunion tours.

BKB