Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
Come on, you know better than that. The Persecution Complex doesn’t look good on you.

The one and only reason that any of these platforms or users got shut down is that they were used to plan federal crimes including murder. These companies can be held liable if they knowingly allow that to continue.

Or maybe’Hang Mike Pence’ which is currently trending on Twitter is what you consider acceptable speech on a public platform.
Jaysus,

BKB
So why is Apple going to remove Parler from the App Store? Is it because “they”, meaning the mega tech companies, can’t control the message on there?

BTW, Pence was my Governor before he became VP and I really liked him. The “hang Pence” was my example. I doubt all 50K people that tweeted that have had their accounts deleted like Trump did?

If you control the message, you control everything. Sounds like Soviet era Russia or Nazi Germany to me when ideas you don’t agree with are subject to censorship and restrictions.

I used this as an extreme example several years ago when they stopped teaching cursive in schools but it kinda applies here. Say for example you have all future generations that can’t read or write cursive. No big deal right? Who really uses it for much more than a signature anyway. What is the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution written in? So if no one can read the original document or copies of it, how will they know what it says? Only through transcription by other people, right? Say the people controlling the release and publication of these transcripts want it to say something completely different. Who would know? Especially if these same people flag as untrue or censor anyone or anything that says something different than what they want people to know.

This all sounds like something from Orwell or Huxley and outside of the realm of possibility but with the amount of information that is controlled by Facebook, Google, and Twitter it could be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk