Thread: Who’s Getting/Got The Shot?

Who’s Getting/Got The Shot?

I’m in phase 2 of OK’s rollout of the vaccine for being >65 but as of yesterday there were no available appts for the next 30 days anywhere in the state. Hopefullythat’s because they haven’t stood up all the ‘pods’ they’re standing up.’ll try again today. Julie is phase 4.
    My siblings all got vaccinated bythe Choctaws and my Mom got hers Friday.

Wonder how long before we see this vaccine get an upper hand on this virus?

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

They just opened our county to appointments for 65 and over this week, but the phone lines have been slammed every time I've tried to call. They were "sold out" within a couple hours on the first day. They reopened for new appointments a few days later, same results. NADA! VA has been doing VA personnel (drs, nurses, etc), first responders, nursing home residents, chemo patients, homeless vets, critical care patients and vets over 85. The Tampa area has had drive-thru facilities open, but limited supply. They're on a first come, first served basis and people are actually lining up the night before and spending the night in their cars to make sure they're there for the limited supply. I have no clue where they're going if they have to pee or take a dump. Hopefully there are porta-potties. I'm not quite that gung-ho and will wait until the hysteria dies down or the VA drops the age down to 65 and over. Lynn will only be 62 next month, so she's waiting until the over 65 crowd has been taken care of.

BTW, there's a controversy going on down here right now. It's winter, so we're swamped with snowbirds. The locals are getting irate because permanent residents can't get the vaccine due to "out-of-staters" flooding the system. They have nothing else to do, so waiting in line isn't a problem, while locals who are working, can't get in.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    As a first responder, I got my first dose the day after Christmas and am scheduled for the second dose this Friday.

My wife is scheduled for her first dose on Thursday. She is actually getting hers in Michigan since she is a school employee there.

I got the Pfizer vaccine and the only issue I had with it was my arm was sore for a couple of days afterwards, kinda like with a tetanus shot.

I wonder if it’s the second dose that has the microchip that turns people into zombies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    very populated county where you live Thumper? (close to Tampa right)

I haven't even checked on it here in Aiken County....fixing to do it right now.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I'm scheduled to get mine tomorrow.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    they just opened it up for us old folks today, local supermarket is the current provider, call or visit for reservation, they call you when your name comes up, you have 24 hours to show up.
    I don't think my Doc's Office is going to give shots, they don't want the crowds.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    I can't get one till late spring to early fall...Our Sheriff just got his first shot yesterday.

Covid-shot.jpg

can y'all read that image^?....it's clear on my desktop, I have no clue why it's uploading like that?
    Last edited by airbud7; 01-11-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’ll get it as soon as I am able. But, I’m still way down the list. Parts of VA just went to 1b which I think includes teachers and over 75.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airbud7 View Post
    I can't get one till late spring to early fall...Our Sheriff just got his first shot yesterday.

Covid-shot.jpg

can y'all read that image^?....it's clear on my desktop, I have no clue why it's uploading like that?
    Yep.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I thought long and hard about getting the vaccine as I'm not much on being a guinea pig. However my mother is getting chemo therapy again as her cancer came back. I want to be able to visit her. I also lost a friend to Covid just last week. Covid is real although it sure affects everyone differently. I've got friends that didn't even know they had it, to the extreme last week which resulted in death...and no he didn't die of a heart attack, or cancer, and then have it listed as Covid. Before Christmas his health was just fine. He got Covid and it killed him. Sad and simple as that.

Are you in person or virtual teaching, Troy? I sure hope if you’re in person you get the shot. I don’t like the guinea pig role either, did it in the military and it sucked. But this seems to be better vetted than most year’s flu vaccines are.
    Viva Renaldo!

We have been in person since the beginning of the school year. We also have a bunch of students online. Something they call Blended Learning. It has double the work load for every teacher in the state. Basically the current situation is that pretty much every teacher is redlined stressed, and being worked beyond what is reasonable. I expect at the end of this school year there will be massive retirements, and many others that just leave the profession. This will happen nationwide and make an already bad teacher shortage even worse. With that said, our county is now the hot-spot in the entire state for Covid right now. It has exploded locally after Thanksgiving and just keeps getting worse. I went from hardly knowing anyone with it, to hardly knowing anyone that hasn't been affected in some way. The loss of my friend recently has hit the community hard, as he was well known, and well loved by anyone that knew him. It is leaving a huge hole in the community. Now y'all know why I fish so much. It's the only way I can maintain my sanity.
    Last edited by Big Skyz; 01-11-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    According to the Arkansas guidelines, I'd have to be 108 year old stage four testicular cancer patient with Alzheimers to qualify so I guess I'm a no

Hey man, two out of three ain’t that bad.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Skyz View Post
    We have been in person since the beginning of the school year. We also have a bunch of students online. Something they call Blended Learning. It has double the work load for every teacher in the state. Basically the current situation is that pretty much every teacher is redlined stressed, and being worked beyond what is reasonable. I expect at the end of this school year there will be massive retirements, and many others that just leave the profession. This will happen nationwide and make an already bad teacher shortage even worse. With that said, our county is now the hot-spot in the entire state for Covid right now. It has exploded locally after Thanksgiving and just keeps getting worse. I went from hardly knowing anyone with it, to hardly knowing anyone that hasn't been affected in some way. The loss of my friend recently has hit the community hard, as he was well known, and well loved by anyone that knew him. It is leaving a huge hole in the community. Now y'all know why I fish so much. It's the only way I can maintain my sanity.
    My wife is a Principal at an elementary school in Michigan. They have been doing what they call “hybrid” all year. Some students are all virtual and the ones that are attending in person only go two days a week. Half of the students attend Monday and Tuesday, everyone is virtual on Wednesday, then the other half attends Thursday and Friday.

She had a couple teachers pull the plug and retire at Christmas and expects more at the end of the year. Like Troy said, they are all stressed to the max. Add to that they have to cover classrooms for others that are sick or being quarantined because they can’t find subs. It was hard enough before Covid and almost impossible now.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

DeputyDog, I forgot about the sub issue. Getting a day off is pert near impossible unless you have Covid or are being quarantined for having been exposed. That is adding significantly to the stress. Generally when one takes a day off it's because they need a break from the stress of work (regardless of your occupation). Covid has really turned education upside-down. Not just public education, it's jacked up private schools and colleges just as much. It's a good thing I enjoy teaching art and that I'm on 10 years from a second retirement. Hope I can last that long.

JB you should get up everyday and literally thank God you are no longer in the education business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!