Thread: Well. a message just came over my news feed ...

Well. a message just came over my news feed ...

... the NRA has filed for bankruptcy. Prolly from all the money they spent on postage to send me those truckloads of junk mail! The last time I (re)joined, I told them (via a personal visit to the headquarters) this was the last time, if they didn't stop spending double my contribution to send me junk mail. They promised it would stop ... it didn't ... but once my membership ran out, I never went back.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

I first joined when I was 18 and was a member on and off until my mid 30s. Like you, I got sick of the constant panhandling.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    From what I heard it’s a basically a reorganization to get out of NY and from under the thumb of the NY attorney general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

CD, you are correct, sir.....they are moving their corporate HQ's to Texas.

H3ll, I'm thinking about moving to Texas, myself, since they're considering seceding.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 01-17-2021 at 11:10 AM.
    Southern Gentleman

Well, the NRA is accused of “illegally spending tens of millions of NRA members’ dollars for vacations, private jets, expensive meals and other luxury items.”

Personally, I’d kind’a like to know the truth instead of them “running away” to avoid answering the allegations.

I remember when I visited their headquarters in Fairfax, my first thought was how fancy those digs are. It seems no pro gun groups ever question the NRA because they’re the “good guys”. Kind’a like good Christians accepting tv evangelists living in mansions, driving Rolls Royces and wearing a Rolex’s.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain