Thread: Not a Political Pillow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    I’m giving him tomorrow to give my kids free college and me free healthcare. After that, I’m retiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Dinner View Post
    I’m giving him tomorrow to give my kids free college and me free healthcare. After that, I’m retiring.

This is actually a serious question CD, because I think we have kids around the same age. I have one 22 and one 17 (Jr year HS). The 22 I've already paid for college, and was planning on the second too. That being said since its now potentially free what are your thoughts? Have the second one get school loans in case it is paid for? We couldn't get that lucky right?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    This is actually a serious question CD, because I think we have kids around the same age. I have one 22 and one 17 (Jr year HS). The 22 I've already paid for college, and was planning on the second too. That being said since its now potentially free what are your thoughts? Have the second one get school loans in case it is paid for? We couldn't get that lucky right?
    I’ve got a Junior in college and a Junior in high school. So, we’re right in the same place tuition wise. I was mostly being tongue in cheek as I have no real expectation that there is ever going to be free tuition for the upper middle class. You do raise a good question though. I may have to put some thought into how that might work.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke