Thread: Dreams

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar

Dreams

Do you have them, I know Captain always said he never had them, I do, almost every night, very vivid, very detailed, sometimes I'm even semi conscious while having them telling myself to look at the details. Mine are never scary, just being able to do strange things that occur on a regular basis. Some are just fun and leave me in a great mood when I wake up. Funny thing I can remember most of them.
    My wife also dreams, today she said she had a very pleasant dream about a co-worker she worked with many years ago, while they both volunteered at the hospital. He was about 20 years older and she hadn't seen or thought him in over 5 years, but there he was in her dream.
    She opened the paper this AM and there was his Obit. Left her with a strange feeling, strange coincident.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Lots of dreams here. Julie too. But she takes dreams much more seriously than I do. I’ve actually gotten in trouble for stuff I’ve done in her dreams. I blame it on the Italian in her.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

I very, very seldom remember dreaming during the night. The only dreams I remember having are repetitive ... related to PTSD. It's the same exact dream every time and it always wakes me up (possibly why I remember it). It relates to events from over 40 years ago in the military and I never talked about. It became a problem a few years ago and the VA had me going in for regular sessions with a shrink for a year or so after 40 years of nightmares. Lynn and I have been together almost 36 years now and that was the first she'd ever heard the story, although she was there when I'd wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night. (Note: It was intel related and we were told when debriefed the particular mission was classified ... which meant, we were NOT to discuss it, so I didn't) With meds and counseling, I seldom have them any more and know what triggers them when I do. That said, I rarely dream, but when I do, I occasionally wake up in the middle of the night and make a mental note to myself to tell Lynn about it the next morning. Problem is, the next morning, I'll remember having the dream and wanting to tell her about it, but have no clue what it was about! Lynn remembers all her dreams and has them nightly.

Regarding your wife's story, I have a similar story that still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I think about it. My grandmother ended up in a nursing home years ago (1977) and my (then) wife and I moved from California to Orlando to take care of her Florida house. She eventually moved out of the nursing home to live with my aunt and uncle in Tennessee. My wife and I slept in the master bedroom which was my grandparents room (my grandfather died in 1964). One night, about 3:00 am, my wife suddenly sat straight up in the bed. It was so abrupt, it woke me up and I asked her what was wrong. She said she'd just seen and spoken with my grandmother .... but it really wasn't her, it was her ghost! My wife said in the dream, she was downstairs doing the dishes when my grandmother's ghost walked in and said, "This is your kitchen now, take care of it!" That's when she awakened and sat up in the bed. I told her it was just a dream and to go back to sleep.

About 7:00 am that morning, I was getting ready for work and my uncle called to inform me my grandmother had passed away in her sleep. He said they went in to wake her for breakfast and to give her some meds, then discovered she'd passed away sometime during the night. To this day, I believe I know EXACTLY when she passed away. The odd part is, my wife had only met her once, when we went up to visit over a 3-day holiday weekend. Me, on the other hand, was EXTREMELY close to my grandmother. I found it odd, my wife "saw" her, instead of me.

Oh, BTW ... the dream knowabouters say we ALL experience a couple hours of dreams every night.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    I blame it on the Italian in her. BKB
    Fighting the smartass in me and biting my lip here, but I ain't gonna touch that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Lots of dreams here. Julie too. But she takes dreams much more seriously than I do. I’ve actually gotten in trouble for stuff I’ve done in her dreams. I blame it on the Italian in her.
    BKB
    I cheated on my wife in my wife’s dream and was in trouble for 3 weeks.
    That’s a true story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    She should have known that no other woman would be willing to have sex with you Arty.

Unless it was a guy........

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    I cheated on my wife in my wife’s dream and was in trouble for 3 weeks.
    That’s a true story.
    Which part?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    I can take a 10 min nap and have a 1 hour dream! seriously though, some dreams seem like they last a whole day yet were only 10 minutes long?

another thing!...every ones alive and well even though some have passed on?...that part is kinda cool to.

My Daddy passed away in 2016 yet when he's in one of my dreams everything's normal...

Ummmm, thinking about it, I guess there was a time .... waaaaaay back when, when I did have a lot of dreams .... wet ones!

I actually still remember one of them. Fitting subject also ... I DREAM of Jeannie! I used to get so pissed off watching that show and thought "Major Nelson" HAD to be a fag. Jeannie was all but BEGGING for it and he never did a thing about it. In my dream, I decided I was gonna trim her horns for her and take care of business since he wouldn't do it himself! I mean, think about it, it'd been a couple thousand years and she'd evidently never been boinked. What a waste. Well, I dreamed Tony was out of the picture and I was her master and .... well, I woke up! Dang-it! To this day I can remember trying to go back to sleep and pick up where I left off. It didn't work.