Thread: Need you help!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar

Need you help!

I don't usually make requests like this, but I could use a Goodhunting rally to wake this kid up. So I normally enjoy this kids YouTube videos which are 95% fishing videos. Recently he bought a hand gun and he is way too casual with the way he handles it. In this video he actually points his pistol at his cousin's foot as a joke for losing the their little shooting contest. The worst part is he thinks it's okay to point an unloaded gun at someone. If you don't want to watch the whole video just skip to 8:20. Please comment on his video. This kid needs to know that what he did is not okay, not okay at all. Flood it with comments to wise this kid up before he hurts himself or someone else. The reason this one has me worked up more that usual is this kid hunts and fishes in my backyard. That last thing I want is for me or someone I know to get hurt by his carelessness while out recreating outdoors, or anywhere for that matter. I'm pleading with y'all please comment under this kid's video and get him straightened out while he is still young.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIg4258KQGY

I’m on the road most of today, but will definitely comment when I get to my p/c. In the meantime, I think SOMEONE here can show pics of a hole through his hand, caused by an unloaded gun.

Done.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

He’s changed this video to private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Maybe my comments caused a stir.

I got pretty serious, but didn't really spank him that hard.

Or maybe I did?

I don't think anyone from here scared him away. You were all very thoughtful and courteous in your comments. Frankly a lot better than I was. I'm hoping some of the comments got through that kid's thick skull and he is giving some thought to his actions. At least he removed the video from public view which is a step in the right direction. Thank you to those of you that were able to post. It made me actually even more proud to know you guys as you were all a class act.

I honestly think he’ll learn a life’s lesson from the comments and take them to heart. He’s into posting videos, so I have no doubt the next time he videos something like that, he’ll stop and think about it first. He seems like a good kid, just young and stupid .... prolly like most of us were at one point in our lives. I was always careful with guns, but then I’d get on the road and open my little street racer up to see if I could top my previous 187 mph run. Different strokes, different dumbasses.

Jim I think you are spot on. I let a lot of stupid stuff slide as was guilty of plenty in my youth. However, the one thing I can't let slide is careless/reckless use of firearms. I have zero tolerance for that. It is very likely I will run into this kid this summer. If I do, I will tell him that I think his fishing videos are great, but I will also tell him that his gun handling behavior was straight up dangerous. I don't really care what he thinks of me, but I will be honest.

I tired to not be over the top but encouraged him to listen to those who were telling him to be careful and respectful of firearms. Hell, his buddy swept him with the muzzle before they even started shooting.
    If we all threw our problems in a pile, and you saw everyone else's problems-- you'd take yours back.

Just curios B/S, is he an ex student?

Len, I appreciated it.
    Jim, no he was not a student of mine. My biggest concern is he frequents the same fishing places that fish as do my friends and family. I don't need some Johnny Ringo wannabe shooting up they area and putting people I know at risk.

Like I said before you guys were more polite than me. I finally got tired of the excuses in some of the other comments and decided to put a little fear in them. I believe the kid that made the video was getting cocky because he thought he had total anonymity. His name isn't anywhere on YouTube. What he didn't know is that I knew his name, where he lives, and who the sheriff is in his town. (See I learned a thing or two from Kribbs and the Captain). Once I had enough of his and his friends BS I made a post calling him by name, and letting him know that I was just one stupid/arrogant comment away from sending the Sheriff a link to his video. I told them I would let the sheriff review whether he thought his firearms handling was reckless or not. I also referred to the sheriff by his last name, so the kid would know I wasn't messing around, and that I had him pegged. I left it up the comment for couple hours and then deleted it. Just long enough that I figured he had time to read it. Then just like that about 30 minutes after I deleted my comment POOF his video became private access only. As far as I'm concerned that is great, as I would just as soon not have a bunch of other young kids watch his idiotic behavior and think it's okay to handle a handgun that way. I'm 99.9% sure I will run into this kid in person. I plan on being polite; however, I will respond in kind and treat him accordingly depending on his demeanor.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    My guess is you've done a good deed. It might not be immediate but you've planted a seed that will get him to thinking. I know I've done a lot of stupid things and I for sure wish I'd listened to some guidance earlier in life and been a better person younger. Some of us are just hard headed but those messages still say around and help later.

And to think the kid was outed by a road hunter.

...but I never shot my pick up or a road...