Thread: Humor II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    Terminal velocity has been reached

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    Terminal velocity has been reached
    Free Skydiving lesson.

If you have a catastrophic failure of the main canopy (I'd consider a piano for a main canopy to be catastrophic), you have a (usually smaller) reserve chute to handle the emergency. He has the reserve rip cord in his hand, but the reserve is an anchor! Not much improvement.

Unlike the cartoon, the main is cut-away (a separate handle) before deploying the reserve ... otherwise, there's a high risk of entanglement between the main and the reserve, rendering BOTH useless.

See? This place can actually be educational.

Now, if somebody would kindly explain the King Kong cartoon, I'd appreciate it. I'm assuming the poodle's owner got smurshed as the end of the leash appears to be under Kong. But I don't get the folding chair in the street and don't know what the small objects are by the chair. This one kind of shot over my head I guess ... which some of Larsons work does at times.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain