Thread: Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

I never was a huge fan as he was a tad too far Right for me ... but he had a huge following. I guess those stogies did him in, although he always said many of the dangers of smoking was hogwash. But then again, he also compared Covid to the common cold.

RIP Rush ... you were at the top of your game, I'll give you credit for that.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    He was entertaining whether you agree with everything he said or not. I didn't always agree with him, but he was right about an awful lot of things. Plus he helped pass time on a lot of long drives.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I watched and listened to him fairly often, but if I didn't keep my eyes open to what was happening around me, he could tend to be pretty misleading at times. A typical FOX NEWS kind'a guy.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    He changed over the past decade... at least he seemed to from my vantage point. But I never was a ditto-head. He went from country club conservative to (some would say right wing) populist. A positive direction if you ask me. I disagreed with a whole lot of his stuff back when Bush and Obama were president.

I think a lot of people took him WAY too seriously. The man was as much an entertainer with a great sense of humor as he was anything else if you ask me. Sure, he had an angle and he never claimed to be unbiased. But he made you think and he made you laugh. Not a bad way to make a living.... as long as you didn't take him too seriously. If you did you could hate him. But I probably only listened to him an hour or so a week. Not many radio stations when you drop into the New River Gorge.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Basic human decency is definitely becoming a rare commodity.

I saw this posted on Facebook. Mike Pence posted a message of condolence regarding Rush and this is the response by the Indiana Progressive Liberals on their page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    You can't expect people to understand history when they can't even understand basic spelling. It's good to see kind and compassionate people unlike those cold hearted and unreasonable deplorables
    Last edited by quercus alba; 02-18-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Fed up to the tits with so-called liberalism in all its forms and convolutions. Nasty, angry, ill-informed, ignorant, miserable, rotten, lying, cheating, useless ideologues.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    What gets me is the amount of absolute hate and intolerance they display towards anyone who doesn’t have the same beliefs, yet they jump up and down pointing out so-called hate and intolerance of others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Right, I forgot hypocrisy. TheLeft has perfected the art of hypocrisy. They are masters of hypocrisy.