Thread: Be less White

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

Be less White

bites Coca Cola in the butt. I hope the silly bastages lose theirs shirts

https://nypost.com/2021/02/23/coca-c...be-less-white/

You’ve gotta be shittin’ me! I’m speechless.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Drink Pepsi! Its the white thing to do!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) airbud7's Avatar
    hahahaha!....now that's funny right there Barry!

the funny thing also about it, that might be what white folks start doing!

Try telling a certain group to “be less black’ and see how that one flies.

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I’m offering an audio course on how to talk like a southern white male. I’m targeting the minority groups, I mean who wouldn’t want to sound like the captain

I expect a healthy ROI

Lynn's family has lived here for 3 generations. She and all of her siblings, cousins, etc. were born and raised in Los Angeles. She has NO "accent" and people who talk to her on the phone, but don't know her personally, have no clue she's not "white". When they find out her last name is Yamamoto, they assume she's a white girl who married a Japanese dude. It's always funny when she meets people in person. The usual and tired old question, is always, "Oh, where are you from?" Her normal response is, "California". The next question is inevitably, "No, I mean, where were your born?" To which she answers, "Los Angeles". By this time, the person will be a bit flustered and speechless, then Lynn will ask, "Oh, did you want to know my heritage?" "I'm Japanese". To simplify her life a little more, I wonder if I should ask her to quit acting so white?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar

Ha ha ha! There ya' go!

I remember shortly after I met Lynn, I found the whole family would get together at her grandparents house almost every Sunday for a big family dinner. She invited me along to meet the family for the first time. Her grandmother did all the cooking and I was wondering what sort of Japanese food would be served as Lynn had told me her grandmother would be preparing "her specialty" that particular day. Once we got to the table, I was a bit surprised when "Bachan" walked out of the kitchen with a big ol' prime rib! We had a great salad with Bachan's homemade salad dressing (which I fell in love with and for the past 36 years, is about the only thing I'll have on my salads at home). The whole meal was pretty much what would be considered an "American" dinner except for one dish I didn't recognize. I asked Lynn what it was and she told me it was "tako". (raw octopus in a rice vinegar I believe) Huh? It didn't look like any taco I'd ever seen!

tako.jpg

Anyway, I took a piece just to be polite. Damn! I LOVED it! The rather generous sized bowl was directly in front of me, but on the opposite side of the table ... a "little" difficult to reach, but I managed. When everyone seemed to be busy eating and chatting, I'd sneak another piece. (I didn't want to act like a hog) As the dinner progressed, I noticed nobody else was eating the stuff, so I'd sneak another slice every so often. Well, even though I thought I was being discreet, I guess SOMEBODY was noticing. Then I noticed Bachan rise from her seat, walk to the side of the table, pick up the bowl of tako, walked all the way around the table, then placed it in front of me before returning to her chair at the end of the table. I was a little embarrassed, but glanced over at her as she smiled and winked at me ... never saying a word the whole time. By the time the dinner was over with, the bowl of tako was completely empty and as far as I can remember, nobody else ate any of it!

From that day forward, I was in with Lynn's Bachan, which meant I had full family approval!