Thread: Had a blast!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar

Had a blast!

Headed out Friday after school for a weekend in the Black Hills where we spent Saturday snowmobiling through the landscape of western SD and eastern Wyoming out of Trailshead Lodge. With 4 families involved we had a total of 13 sleds and except for having to get a few folks unstuck because of the deep powder we had a GREAT time seeing the countryside and enjoying the weather during our 6 hour ride.

The next day we had a great breakfast and a leisure morning which was followed up by an afternoon of tubing at the Deer Mountain Ski Area. That coupled with good food, great conversation, and a bit of time in the hot tub made for a wonderful weekend. Have to admit I wish I was still there.

A few pics from the snowmobiling portion of the weekend:
    The family
    Unknown-1.jpg
    The boys and I
    Unknown.jpg
    Scenery
    Unknown-3.jpg

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    39f and rainy here today. I think winter would be a whole lot more enjoyable if we could do cool stuff like that.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Your boys have outgrown you. Think you could still take them?

BKB

Did ya hit up Deadwood for the crab buffet?
    A man gets one great horse and one great dog in his life, a damn lucky man might get two.

BBP: Old age and treachery MIGHT be able to overcome youth and good sportsmanship

Gunther: Never made it into Deadwood at all this year. We were going to Saturday night but ended up at Lewie's for a while instead. Though not a crab buffet we did eat at the Buckhorn across the Wyoming line while snowmobiling. Otherwise we cooked all our meals at the cabin.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    Of course he can...........once. No Father fights fair, so they always win.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Tell me you at least sledded up to Flag Mountain from there. I think that's about the purtiest place on that trail system. Don't look like I'll make it to the Hills this snow season but I will be there the end of April. Maybe try Harney this year again since the leg works. Sure do miss that area.
    A man gets one great horse and one great dog in his life, a damn lucky man might get two.

Sorry Gunther but we did not go to Flag Mountain. Matter of fact had never heard of it until you mentioned it but after looking I do see it on the trail map. Can a person hike to it in the summer?

The family and I did Harney Peak a couple of summers back while camping in the hills for a week. Kind of cool that you can see the President's hineys from up there.

What's the current status of old Crazy Horse? They had his face but that was about it last time I saw him. they were supposed to work on his feather and his arm next I think.

BKB

Wasn't down that way Posthole so don't have a clue. Given the pace at which things progress with that statue, my guess is that you could look at the picture I sent you a couple of years ago and things are likely about the same.

I'm out there about 4-6 times a year. Don't think it's changed in the last 20 years.

It's theys livin'. If'n it gets done they'll lose money.