Thread: Start that shipping department at $15/hr. minimum!

Start that shipping department at $15/hr. minimum!

We order a lot of stuff from Chewy ... not for the convenience, but because of good prices. BUT ... their shipping department must be filled with morons .... including management. We once ordered a large, heavy, porcelain (dog) food bowl as a gift for a friend. It was simply thrown into a box with zero padding and arrived busted into a bazillion pieces. We called and they shipped another one. Same result. Now we're entering a time crunch as it was supposed to be a birthday gift, but the date is getting closer. We talked to Customer Service and they promised to rush another one to us. Guess what? It arrived poorly packed and in a bazillion pieces. We again called, asked for management and worked our way up the ladder to someone who sounded like he had a brain. He promised to ship another one PERSONALLY ... it arrived in good shape ... along with a SECOND one! I have no clue where the double order came from, but we now have an extra that we use as a water bowl for the cats!

Ok, we order all our kitty litter from them and it comes in the original (super strong) box within a larger shipping box. The litter arrives with 12-tons of packing material! One thing about it, we haven't had one chunk of kitty litter broken! But, they once sent us a shipment of the wrong litter ... it was similar to what we ordered, but not the exact product. We order in bulk and usually buy anywhere from $100-$150 worth at a time. We called Customer Service and told them of the screw-up and they told us they'd send a new order immediately. We asked about returning the original packages and they told us to just keep them, or if we didn't want them, donate them. Heck, it wasn't really that big of a deal, but we kept it and used it. Lynn's mom is in her mid to late 80's and self quarantining in L.A., so we ordered a few boxes of litter for her and it arrived with no issues. When we placed our next order (for ourselves), we received a call from her mom, thanking us for the huge load of kitty litter but said she still had plenty from the last order (she has 1 cat, we have 12!) and she now had enough to last her probably 5 years! Chewy had sent OUR order to mom in L.A.! We called Chewy and .... same deal, mom kept the frigging truckload of litter and they sent an additional order to us.

We used to use Advantage Flea Treatment, but our vet recommended Cheristan. I normally buy flea treatment on eBay, but I found that Chewy had a better deal than I could find on The Bay, so I ordered one box to try it out. Well, it just arrived a couple hours ago and it appears the morons in the shipping dept. are still costing the company bazillions. I ship eBay sales daily and shipping is my largest expense. I'm VERY cognizant of shipping charges and how much can be saved with keeping box sixes, packaging and weight under control.

Well, here's the treatment I ordered ... the package weighs a total of 1.4 ounces and the box measures 5-1/2" x 3-3/4" x 1-1/4". It could have been shipped in an envelope for a couple bucks. How did it arrive? In a box measuring 12" x 9" x 6"! At least they didn't add an additional 3 pounds of padding!

chewy shipping.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

You’re not the first complain about a big box.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    As I read it Jim’s complaint is the size of the package that’s going into the box...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

I wonder if Chewy sells tall stools?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain