I remember when Coors beer was a HUGE deal ... ala Smokey and the Bandit. Back in the day, you could only get Coors West of the Mississippi. I used to make good money boot-legging Coors from Dallas/Ft. Worth to Memphis. I was living in Ft. Worth at the time, but returned home to Memphis regularly for a few days off. I'd sell the Coors at a premium and it would pay my gas money. You'd be surprised at how many cases of beer you can transport in the trunk and backseat of a '60 Pontiac! When I was in Thailand, we had domestic beer in coke machines all over post. Like buying a coke, you'd drop in a quarter and a beer would roll out. One time I had a buddy of mine back home mail me a 6-pack of Coors. My Army bud and I went to the hobby shop one night (we were into building and flying model planes). I'd slipped a couple of Coors beers into my field jacket and my buddy and I slipped outside to "buy a beer from one of the vending machines". We both walked back in sipping on a couple open cans of Coors. Everyone's eyes got as big as saucers as they asked where we got them. We acted all pissed off and told them we'd pushed the button for Budweiser, but these stupid Coors cans came rolling out. Those goofballs 'bout ripped the doors off the hinges making a bee-line for the beer machine! Needless to say, after going through half the quarters in S.E. Asia and emptying that machine, it was determined we must have gotten the only two Coors beers in the country!