Thread: I've been stimulated ....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jim gets a little sweet milk off that big ole American titty and suddenly he becomes owed something. Witness the evil of welfare!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Jim gets a little sweet milk off that big ole American titty and suddenly he becomes owed something. Witness the evil of welfare! BKB

I'm entitled!
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

In all seriousness, I don't understand throwing this money at EVERYBODY (except high earners). Me for example, I'm retired and receive a check from the VA as well as Social Security every month. My income is the same regardless of the Covid situation. Why should I get a check? There are those who did not lose their jobs due to Covid and if Covid did not cause a cut in income, why send out those checks to them? Heck, many are actually SAVING money due to less travel and going out to eat, etc. There are also those who are actually BETTER off due to Covid ... delivery businesses like DoorDash, etc. are thriving. Mail order places like Amazon, etc. are thriving. Heck if you're in the plexiglass business, you should be a billionaire once all these shields and barriers are built for various businesses. You get the idea.

Now, I really feel for the small mom & pop restaurants and similar businesses ... they are hurting BIG time and we have already had old local staples go out of business here. Lynn lost her job of 15 years, but they've extended the unemployment and added Covid "compensation" to the point she makes more by NOT working, than she did while working. We do have to pay for insurance to make up for her lost company coverage though.

I understand (to a point) that these handouts are supposed to be a stimulus to the economy assuming everyone will spend the money, but sumpin' about it just ain't registering with me.

Yep Willie, I get it and I'm definitely not complaining as I'm in the middle of a bunch of pricey, but necessary projects I've been putting off (house repair type things). It's just weird if you try to over-think it.