Thread: I've been stimulated ....

I've been stimulated ....

... I woke up this morning to an extra $1400 in my bank account.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Ours hit this morning too. ‘We’re in the money....’

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Not here yet... I'm not sure if/when we will get one this time. Guess I'll find out in a day or so.

Got a couple big projects where some toadskins would come in handy. Hardwood floors in the house and Willie is doing a frame up on his old 2004 pickup. New body in June but I guess the spicy engine will wait until next summer, but maybe not. Either way some serious cash will be exiting the bank account soon.

Will

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    We're always on the bottom of the list, mainly because we each have our own checking account. Maybe sometime this month.
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    Xi Jinping says 谢谢贵公司

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    We're always on the bottom of the list, mainly because we each have our own checking account. Maybe sometime this month.
    At least you'll know whose is whose. Lynn and I have a joint account, but there's no indication as to who this deposit is for. If the other one never shows up for some reason, how do we know who got stiffed?

Jim gets a little sweet milk off that big ole American titty and suddenly he becomes owed something. Witness the evil of welfare!

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Jim gets a little sweet milk off that big ole American titty and suddenly he becomes owed something. Witness the evil of welfare! BKB

I'm entitled!

That’s the way ot works! Nextthing you know you’ll be eating government cheese!
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) DeputyDog's Avatar
    Ours went into the account today. Ought to be enough to pay for the Spring Break condo rental, my slip rental where I keep my boat, and the major engine repair on one of my PWC’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Trav's Avatar
    All you fuckers getting one are welcome.
    “ No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave”

James Burg, An Enquiry into, Public Errors, Defects and Abuses 1775

Speaking of Spring Break, we will be heading down your way Thump. Got a condo on Siesta Key. I know that’s a ways from you but if you’re able to I’d like to try to meet up. I’ve got a cousin that lives in Sun City Center and want to get up there to see her while we’re there so I’m already planning on heading closer to your locale.

We will be there from the 3rd to the 10th.

"Never try to fight an Old Dude. If you win, there's no glory; if you lose, your reputation is shot."

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Thank you! This poor working stiff will do his part to reinvest it back into the economy.

In all seriousness, I don't understand throwing this money at EVERYBODY (except high earners). Me for example, I'm retired and receive a check from the VA as well as Social Security every month. My income is the same regardless of the Covid situation. Why should I get a check? There are those who did not lose their jobs due to Covid and if Covid did not cause a cut in income, why send out those checks to them? Heck, many are actually SAVING money due to less travel and going out to eat, etc. There are also those who are actually BETTER off due to Covid ... delivery businesses like DoorDash, etc. are thriving. Mail order places like Amazon, etc. are thriving. Heck if you're in the plexiglass business, you should be a billionaire once all these shields and barriers are built for various businesses. You get the idea.

Now, I really feel for the small mom & pop restaurants and similar businesses ... they are hurting BIG time and we have already had old local staples go out of business here. Lynn lost her job of 15 years, but they've extended the unemployment and added Covid "compensation" to the point she makes more by NOT working, than she did while working. We do have to pay for insurance to make up for her lost company coverage though.

I understand (to a point) that these handouts are supposed to be a stimulus to the economy assuming everyone will spend the money, but sumpin' about it just ain't registering with me.

Shit Disturber, Noticer, epidemiologist, food critic, and nowworld renowned economist, I present Thumper.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Penguin's Avatar
    Two things jimmy:

1) Just thank the good lord that some of it escaped the clutches of Wall St... We've sent so many Trillions USD their way in the last 12 years that I admit it is a shock when it goes to those in a lower tax bracket.

2) I would honestly MUCH rather see benefits being sent out across the board (including to those who don't really need it) as opposed to everything being turned into a bureaucratic employment program. We spend Billions USD on bureaucrats in order to save Millions USD in "waste and fraud".... your mileage may vary.

Will

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDog View Post
    Speaking of Spring Break, we will be heading down your way Thump. Got a condo on Siesta Key. I know that’s a ways from you but if you’re able to I’d like to try to meet up. I’ve got a cousin that lives in Sun City Center and want to get up there to see her while we’re there so I’m already planning on heading closer to your locale.

We will be there from the 3rd to the 10th.
    Wow! We were going to Ft. Myers that weekend (3rd - 5th) but decided we didn't want to deal with the Easter crowds, so we changed our reservations to the weekend of the 17th. We'll be in Daytona 3/29-3/31, so it looks like that may work out.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    Shit Disturber, Noticer, epidemiologist, food critic, and nowworld renowned economist, I present Thumper. BKB
    Hey, if ya' gots it, ya' gots it!

Yep Willie, I get it and I'm definitely not complaining as I'm in the middle of a bunch of pricey, but necessary projects I've been putting off (house repair type things). It's just weird if you try to over-think it.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Didn't the other guy want to hand out $2K cheques?

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Didn't the other guy want to hand out $2K cheques?
    Yep, but to fewer people.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Got the money and while I wish it would have been delegated differently, if at all, I can't do anything about it. So in the bank it goes and down the road it just might come in handy. I've had enough set-backs in life to know that life can be very expensive sometimes. So I don't mind having an extra $1400.00 in my account.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) johnboy's Avatar
    Do you think 10% went to The Big Guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    That's what you get for being overpaid!

Quote Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
    Do you think 10% went to The Big Guy?
    Ha ha ha! Who knows ... but I'm sure Hunter got a check. Isn't he unemployed now? Or does he still get a paycheck from China?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) jb's Avatar
    I'm like a lot of other people, I have a nice fixed income (2 pen, 2 SS) and my side job that's been going craze this past year.
    Same can be said for my three sons and their family. None of our income has changed, non of our expenses have changed, but we still get the $$$.
    The first checks ($2400 ) went direct to our favorite charities (mine is the Salvation Army), the second checks ($1200) went to the wifes choice ( Area's Women Resource Center), this check, when it comes ($2800) will go somewhere, may split it between the two of us to make choices.
    Some can really use this money and it will pump $$ into the local economy, but so will our donations. Life has been good to us, it's nice we can help others
    The older I get, the better I was. I also forget my password and have to have Len reset it for me

I’d like to suggest the “Thump Vacation Charity’ if you’re looking for a place to put this one Bubba. Do you still have my ad ..... errr, I mean, the charity’s address?

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Hombre's Avatar
    Not just this one but previous too provided stimulus to prisoners.. that alone is crazy...I agree with thump not enough thought is going into who these checks go to. There are def people hurting and we should help, but there are more people getting checks that don't need them than do. Of course I guess that depends on how one defines need.

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    I'm like a lot of other people, I have a nice fixed income (2 pen, 2 SS) and my side job that's been going craze this past year.
    Same can be said for my three sons and their family. None of our income has changed, non of our expenses have changed, but we still get the $$$.
    The first checks ($2400 ) went direct to our favorite charities (mine is the Salvation Army), the second checks ($1200) went to the wifes choice ( Area's Women Resource Center), this check, when it comes ($2800) will go somewhere, may split it between the two of us to make choices.
    Some can really use this money and it will pump $$ into the local economy, but so will our donations. Life has been good to us, it's nice we can help others
    Similar here, although I was laid off during the first two rounds, we still didn’t “need” it.

Wife and I discussed tonight over dinner what to do with this one. We spent some of “it”. Actually we didn’t spend the actual stimulus, it was just an excuse to spend some money, we had the money to cover what we splurged on, the stimulus was just an excuse to let it go.
    We may veer from our usual giving (church) and do something more granular this time. It would be very cool to help someone that really needs it without them knowing who it was. We just gotta figure out who/what.

All that said, I’m grateful uncle Joe prodded us to come up off $1,100 to convert our pool to salt water. I’m tired of adding chlorine every dang day!