Thanks Joe. What happened to only fucking with people making over $400K?

Seems the Dems. slammed a bill through to require anyone making $600 or more on The Bay, to be 1099'd. You know the routine, it was buried within the Covid Relief Bill because it couldn't pass on it's own. Ouch! What used to be a fun "side job" to help finance a few days vacation, just became a tax burden. I know, I know ... it should be reported anydamnway, but many (especially during these rough times) are selling old toys and clothes the kids have outgrown, or that treadmill that's been hardly used and is now taking up room in the garage, just to help put food on the table. The threshold was $20,000 and 200 sales/year, but overnight, the Dems. shoved this legislation through to drop it to $600/year, no matter if it was only one sale. Sorry, but I wouldn't consider that a "business". Sure, if you keep receipts for every single item you ever purchase during your lifetime, it could be considered an expense. But that $50 gizmo you bought 10 years ago (and paid sales tax on), then sell on-line for $5, will now be a gain (unless you can prove what you paid for it as a deduction).

I can see this as a huge boon to the cash only garage sale and flea-market people.

I don't need this to turn into an ethics argument, 'cause I'd lose that one, I'm just pointing out how it's gonna add QUITE a bit of suckiness to my "hobby" and very likely put an end to my favorite pastime.

For youse dufes who deal through PayPal, you can get nailed also. I have no way of figuring out which PayPal transactions were personal transfers and "business" transfers. Some here send $$$ to me through PayPal when we have a G/H fund raising event. The way I read the legislation, that's now considered "income". WTF?

BTW, It's not just eBay and PayPal, it affects many, many "Gig workers", free-lancers, etc. Oh well, I guess SOMEBODY has to support our southern neighbors busting through our open border.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...-losers-473902