Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Idiocy From Facebook

Cool! I just found out I'm not the ONLY one in the world who does not drink coffee! Glad I'm not a curmudgeon!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    I don't drink coffee either Thumper but I'm too young to be a curmudgeon.

Brewing up a Canadian blend I like a whole lot called 'Kicking Horse' right now and it smells awful good. I loves me some coffee.

BKB

Quote Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
    I don't drink coffee either Thumper but I'm too young to be a curmudgeon.
    Ummmm, you CAN be a curmudgeon without being an OLD curmudgeon ya' know!

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master
    I don't drink cokes or tea either. As a diabetic, I've tried them all and they all suck without real sugar. I will drink those carbonated flavored waters once in a while. Almost teetotally an ice water drinker.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

You ought to try Mio, QA. Good stuff.

BKB

Thanx, I'll check it out pH
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

I'm a G2 fan. I drink it all the time, unless there's a pitcher of tea made. I've learned to drink it without sugar, although much against my will. Still, G2 is some grand stuff.

BKB

Back to pranks.... I worked in a mall as a high schooler: Baskin Robbins Ice cream. My buddy and I would glue a quarter to the floor outside the store and keep track of the number of people who tried to pick it up.
    We'd also pick on the goofy guy who worked in the women's shoe store. We'd see him get a customer, and then call the store from across the hall. The phoen would ring and ring and ring. Just as he'd step into the back room to answer the phone, we'd hang up. Once I took an old skate- the metal kind, cut the outline of a rabbit on cardboard and glued the rabbit to the skate. We'd roll that across the street as cars came near. We then decided to tie some fishing line on the front and pull it across..... got a few cars to stop by slaming on brakes. funny at the time.
    Being the tennis player, I'd always have dead tennis balls in my car. My buddy had a sun roof. We'd sit at stop lights and toss tennis balls out the sun roof at cars sitting next to us or infront. Of course we'd be looking in the other direction when the balls would be bouncing through traffic.
    not terrible pranks but, fun at the time.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Buckrub's Avatar
    And back to drinks..........

When mother was in the hospital this week, I overheard the nurse through an open door down the hall tell a patient "No, you can't have water, you can only have gatorade, remember?".....and I couldn't figure what the blazes that person had that water was not allowed.

And QA, I have some MiO right here. Very good stuff added to water.
    WARNING - Due to the rising costs of ammunition, warning shots will no longer be given.

Sunny ... I can't stand diet soft drinks of any sort. They are so gross they gag me ... many times they taste like chemicals for some reason. I love root beer and a few years back, accidentally bought a 12-pack of A&W Diet Root Beer. Later I popped one open and as I was drinking it, I spotted the "diet" lable. Dang! It actually tasted like root beer! To this day, A&W Root Beer is the only DIET soft drink I can handle without gagging. IF you like root beer, you may want to try one.

Sorry Sunny, but I tried the Stevia thing.....and hate it. To me, it leaves a bitter aftertaste and I had to use a bunch of it to get any "sweetness".

I LOVE me some Diet Coke with Lime!!!
    My "disability" does not make me "disabled".

Cancer Sucks!
    http://www.mdanderson.org

I love me some Diet Coke with Black Kraken Rum is what I like.

BKB

.......and baaaack to our bourbon discussion from the other day.

Cancer Sucks!

As for soft drinks.. haven't touched one in over 3 years. I have found that food tastes better without the syrupy flavor of pop, soda, what ever you call it..
    If I want anything fizzy, I mix grapefruit juice or cherry or cranberry with carbonated water. From my research any artificial sweetners leave your body wanting sweets or fats. The body does not register artificial sweetness as food. Therefore people who drink lots of diet drinks end up over eating.

Back to bourbon... all this chatting got me curious. went and picked up a bottle of Bird Dog. Gonna try it tonight.
    How is it best enjoyed? sipped? over ice? chilled with a little water to bring out the flavor?
    also picked up a 12 pack of Sam Adams Alpine Spring. Got a few to watch basketball with tomorrow evening.

I love spicy food ... the hotter the better, but not so hot it's all heat and no flavor. I enjoy the heck out of carbonated sodas such as Coke with hot, spicy food. Otherwise I drink mostly ice water.

Hotshot, I'd take a smallish glass and fill it about half full of ice cubes. Then pour the bourbon in so it doesn't quite cover the ice.....or however much you might like to sip on. These flavor infused brews are for straight sipping....IMHO. Now "regular" brown liquor...I like to mix with some Diet Coke....SOMETIMES I'll mix it with a little well water.

I don't like to drink enough to get polluted. Quit doing that YEAAAARRRS ago. I do like to have a drank though.

Cancer Sucks!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) HideHunter's Avatar
    Hotshot.. I like my "good" bourbon/scotch/blend/vodka with just a couple/three ice cubes. I just think it kind of mellows everything out. The "flavored" whiskeys/liqueours/brandies I want "straight up". Just don't want to lose that "flavor" and in some (Jeremiah especially ) there's that "burn" I really like. Try the BirdDog straight up first. It's really mild.

WOW it worked.. Im a technological genius.
    If you turn a dog loose to hunt – you’d better to be ready to deal with what he trees.

Tried the mio, nasty stuff. There ain't no substitute for real sugar
    Albert Einstein