Thread: A sucky way to start the day.

A sucky way to start the day.

I've had a buddy who owned his own heating & a/c business and I had him completely replace our system a few years back. I called a few months ago to have him come out and service the unit ... no problems, just a general check-up. The unit has a 5-year warranty (parts & labor) but it extends to 10-years if the unit is serviced annually. I left a message for him to drop by anytime he had the time and while here, we'd get caught up on our lives, plus he could do his thing with the a/c unit. I knew he'd had a big fishing trip planned, but couldn't remember when, so when he didn't return my call, I thought nothing of it. Then I promptly forgot about the whole thing and continued on.

Well, this morning, I received a Facebook notice that today is his birthday. That's when I remembered he never returned my call a few months back, so I figured it'd be a good time to razz him a bit as well as leave birthday wishes. When I went to his page, I was shocked to see condolence messages! WTF? I had no clue. Lynn even used to work with his daughter, Robyn, but since the Covid mess hit, they really haven't stayed in touch either. Anyway, I just pulled this up from Mr. Gore's internet. Sad. He was a super guy and I'll miss him. This seems to be happening way too often lately ... I guess it's the new "normal" (?) at my age. (I removed some of the family and business fluff)

RIP buddy. I wish I'd had the chance to say goodbye, but I had no clue.

LANCE HILTON
    4/2/58 - 11/16/20

LAKELAND - Lance passed away due to complications of heart issues & COPD. Lance was a graduate of Lakeland Senior High School, Class of 1977. Preceded in death by his parents, Melvin & Jean Hilton. He leaves behind his 2 children whom he loved unconditionally, son Nicholas and daughter Robyn (Spencer).

Lance lived life to the fullest and enjoyed anything out doors. Very avid fisherman - always wanted his line in the water. Loved bow and rifle hunting. Always looking for new recipes as Lance was an awesome chef, grilling out constantly and everyone was always welcome!

Memorial Service will be at Gentry Morrison Southside in Lakeland at 6:00pm on Monday Nov 23, 2020.

lance red 2.jpg lance clown 2.jpg
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Sorry to hear it, Jim. We’re wandering into that age where we lose folks we never dreamed of losing.

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Yep Barry ... these "surprises" seem to come way too often these days. Heck, he was just a youngin' ... in fact, he and Lynn were only 2-months apart age wise. He went way sooner than he should have.

'Course, Larke was also only 3-1/2 months older than Lynn. You just never know.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    So sorry for your loss Thumper.